Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CDubbs

ABU MAGS

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I have a 7000i c3 ct mag,and i opened it up to clean and lube, the magnet carier has three mags in it, im just wondering how it all works with an aluminium spool, magnets dont attract to aluminium or react. i don't get it.the mag carrier has room for six mags, my three are together towards the middle :confused: would taking them out make all that much differance

I have a 7000i c3 ct mag,and i opened it up to clean and lube, the magnet carier has three mags in it, im just wondering how it all works with an aluminium spool, magnets dont attract to aluminium or react. i don't get it.the mag carrier has room for six mags, my three are together towards the middle :confused: would taking them out make all that much differance

Look up "Lentz's Law"

The mags don't care if you are throwing 8 & bait or a Buick...they react to spool speed...the faster it spins the more the mags wanna slow it. So in that vein...yeah, they're pretty powerful.

It's a principle of Lenz's Law. If you google this exact phrase youtube lenz's law illustrated, you will see a good example.

lentz may or may not bring something good up.

It's a principle of Lenz's Law. If you google this exact phrase youtube lenz's law illustrated, you will see a good example.

lentz may or may not bring something good up.

Lentz will get more info about magnetic effects for braking than lenz's.

Fair enough.....what more do folks need to know than eddy currents opposing are caused? The guys name is not lentz...it's Lenz.... That's pretty much all I was hoping to say.. Isn't lentz that religious thing that goes for 40 days ?

:D

Fair enough.....what more do folks need to know than eddy currents opposing are caused? The guys name is not lentz...it's Lenz.... That's pretty much all I was hoping to say.. Isn't lentz that religious thing that goes for 40 days ?

:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenz's_law

Click it for your answer

My bad, you are right.

My not bad, both spellings are being used;

http://www.darylscience.com/Demos/Lentz.html