Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
windknot7979

VIETNAM HD.

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I just watched VIETNAM HD on history ch and this is someting to see.I'm 40 so I was born when it was over but I would like to THANK ALL THE VIETNAM VETS AND MY GOD BLESS ALL THE MEN THAT LOST THERE LIFES.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3209348/width/600/height/409]

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3209373/width/600/height/409]

i know its relatively simple but its very powerful when they transition from a young mans voice to the actual guy, when they are reading the letters home..

i know its relatively simple but its very powerful when they transition from a young mans voice to the actual guy, when they are reading the letters home..

Riveting. Tough to watch that wife grieving all these years later too. :(

I came home from work to find my son sleeping on the couch with the last episode on today. This isn't the first time it's been on. It premiered last Nov. I have it dvr'd but am missing one episode. Wish I knew it was on today.

Great show, I'll be 54 next month, I never realized I was so close to being involved, i think my age group was the first year we didn't have to register. God bless our troops for a job well done, our politicians as usual effed things up badly for everyone.

Totonka (Jim) and to others it might concern, please respond to this .

War is an Ugly thing,but not the Ugliest of things,the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing is worth WAR is much worse ,this person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight ,nothing which is more important than his personal safety ,is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. (John Stuart Mill 1806-1873)

Now with all things considered ,make no rush judgement ,consider the words, context carefully .

How many amongst us does this truly apply to ?? I doubt very much if it applies to many , if any at all.

Poor is the nation that has no Heroes,

Shameful is the Nation that having them Forgets

Rest in peace Hero

You have not be forgotten

Coldwater Class of 63

Your support means just as much as spilled blood. Al

Well said Al.

I was just a pup during that war. I remember the news, talk in school, but never really understood till I was older. I just knew people were shooting at each other, and we were the good guys. War was a popular game in the woods behind the house. My dad served in Korea, I had a grandfather killed in WWII, and another who served in WWI & WWII who eventually succumbed to damaged lungs from German gas. Sadly I never met either. They all served and fought to protect what they and the country valued so much. I still see the resolve in my dads eyes, his pride, and something only those who served can share. Now that I understand better why they were willing to die to protect that, I wonder if under the same circumstances our current population would do the same. Not only on the front lines but in unity. Vietnam taught the country some hard lessons. One of the most important to me is remembering to thank a Veteran, of any branch, in peace or war, whenever possible.

I'm sure there are many within SOL who deserve my sincere; Thank you for your service..