Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeR09

Is the Torque discontinued?

19 posts in this topic

There is talk about discontinuing the Torque on other forums. I thought it was a hoax but I want to know from Penn. I wish it will not discontinue because I was skeptical at the begining but when Alan Hawk gave it the thumbs up I decided to sell a couple of my reels and buy a Torque in the spring. Thanks in advance for a quick answer.

There is talk about discontinuing the Torque on other forums. I thought it was a hoax but I want to know from Penn. I wish it will not discontinue because I was skeptical at the begining but when Alan Hawk gave it the thumbs up I decided to sell a couple of my reels and buy a Torque in the spring. Thanks in advance for a quick answer.

Good morning.........If you are referring to the Torque spinning reel....it's up and running strong! Has been and I have heard no notice at all about these reels being discontinued. Also,the Torque conventional reels are being made and shipped out too. I work about 25 yards away from where all these reels are manufactured and the spinning and conventional reels are in full swing.Do you know which forums were talking about this at all? We would like to know so that can always try to keep the consumer abreast of any new information concerning new products.And I agree....Alan's reviews are great. He sure will put a reel through it's paces to make sure that the angler gets a great reel in their hands.

Have a great weekend.............Tom :)

Good morning.........If you are referring to the Torque spinning reel....it's up and running strong! Has been and I have heard no notice at all about these reels being discontinued. Also,the Torque conventional reels are being made and shipped out too. I work about 25 yards away from where all these reels are manufactured and the spinning and conventional reels are in full swing.Do you know which forums were talking about this at all? We would like to know so that can always try to keep the consumer abreast of any new information concerning new products.And I agree....Alan's reviews are great. He sure will put a reel through it's paces to make sure that the angler gets a great reel in their hands.

Have a great weekend.............Tom :)

Yes. it is on the 360 tuna forum. Big thread named PENN TORQUE NO MORE. I thought it was a hoax but it was getting bigger but no one from Penn came to denyt it. Thank you for your input. In two weeks I am going to be the proud owner of a shiny golden TRQ7 :D

Yeah, Lets take 5 years to design, build , test and test and redesign and test again sell it for a year and discontinue it?? This reel isn't going any where soon and anyone who is out bashing is just bent that they paid more for their made in China reel!! I'm buying my second torque 5 bailess and spare spools right now. I have never fished a reel that casts or lays line out of the box like this reel. I look forward to owning 4 of these!! Kudos to ya Penn for a job well done and sticking to your Made in the USA heritage!! Thank You

Yeah, Lets take 5 years to design, build , test and test and redesign and test again sell it for a year and discontinue it?? This reel isn't going any where soon and anyone who is out bashing is just bent that they paid more for their made in China reel!! I'm buying my second torque 5 bailess and spare spools right now. I have never fished a reel that casts or lays line out of the box like this reel. I look forward to owning 4 of these!! Kudos to ya Penn for a job well done and sticking to your Made in the USA heritage!! Thank You

Thanks!! ;)

I was the one who started that thread on 360

It was supposed to be a question, not a statement (probably should have put a question sign on the topic)

I was redirected to this forum, for clarification, which i've received.

One thing for sure it has stirred up a lot of Penn followers.

I now own 2 Torqs, purchased this week, & plan on retiring with them.

Sorry if I freaked anyone out.

I thought it was a hoax but it was getting bigger but no one from Penn came to denyt it

Ah, the immediacy of the Internet, LOL!

Just for reference, that original post went up after 5 PM EST on a Friday night; expecting an "official" response on anything may often take until the next "business day".

Even though I'm usually on PST, I was tied up away from the computer working at a monster promotion at the Bass Pro Shop in Manteca, CA.

Those familiar with freshwater bass fishing can appreciate [and maybe sympathize] that I had to follow SKEET REESE on the stage, and the crowd was all his, and not into what I had to say at all; bummer.......

I was the one who started that thread on 360

It was supposed to be a question, not a statement (probably should have put a question sign on the topic)

I was redirected to this forum, for clarification, which i've received.

One thing for sure it has stirred up a lot of Penn followers.

I now own 2 Torqs, purchased this week, & plan on retiring with them.

Sorry if I freaked anyone out.

no problemo!! :D

Tom

Just like I tell my students,

PUNCTUATION COUNTS! :)

I'm looking forward to putting a Torque 5 bailess through it's paces this season.:D

Good evening............cool.......let us know how you make out !

Tom