Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sidewinder

Sarasota fishing end of April ?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Ok i know i started a thread about Tampa Bay fishing. It looks to be easier to go to Sarasota and fish.. Looking for anyone to comment who has had or knows a good private charter boat in or around the area. I dont know what fish are in season, im willing to be guided by my fellow solers and a guide who know and live down there. Please feel free to post up I would like to hear what everyone has to say. This favor goes both ways feel free to pm me if your up here in NY and need a good Charter ;) thanks Marco

You can go to CB's over the bridge on left . They have boats for rent and charters. Nice little place and they have live shrimp. Or if you go on the road behind CB's there is another guy rents boats and has shrimp also. He had a deal where you could rent a boat three or four times in a month for short money.

go to the Ken Thompson pkw just outside St Armands Circle their is a bait shop right on New Pass and they can set you up with a guide they have a good reputation .Their are a lot of guides from Sarasota down to venice and Englewood

Your best bet is a short drive south to Venice. Capt. Joe Miller of Fishgaloreoffshore Charters is the man for offshore grouper catching. He also does split charters if you don't want to pay the full fare. He WILL take you ALL the way out to where the BIG fish are. He is a very personable guy who also does some commercial grouper fishing so he knows where the fish are. He usually does not fish with a mate, although he is very helpful. His boat does not have the most comfy seating as you will sit on coolers on the way out. It will be a LONG day, not quitting at 4pm. Other guy I can recomend also put in at the Venice boat ramp, Bob Breton, The Hog Hunter Charters. Also does split charters, has a mate, more comfy cat type boat. Excellent snapper man. I will fish with Joe Miller this Friday and post a report here.

So it looks like im going to book with capt wayne extream flats fishing charters out of tampa bay just north of sarasota ...his prices are good and he sounds very honest and knowlegable ...Has anyone ever hear about him. Hes going to try to jump a tarpon on the am then stick to whats running hard that week . This is going to be a new experiance cant wait

Second on not knowing him.

Regardless, any competent guide should be able to put you on some fish that time of year. April is still a hit or miss time for the tarpon, so it will really be what else he decides to fish for.

Thats what he was saying. Its the end of april and i know its beena. Warm winter and looks like its going to be a warm spring. He said we will try for about 1-2 hours to jump one and then move on... He was very honest and said hes not a guide that up charges to go tarpon fishing and he wont waste a day trying and come up with zeros.

I just came back from Florida. Was one of the seventh warmest winter on the books When i left my friend said that schools of pomano were in .Point of rock ,down to turtle beach

Your Time frame, Snapper may not be open, Grouper Gag / Red should be open as well as AJ, Grunt, Sea Bass, Cobia should be moving through by then, King Fish will be in area as well as Spanish Mack, Perhaps even a Hogfish, one ugly SOB, Great tasting though, In shore Trout/ Red/ Snook /, Sheepshead, Tarpon , in shore slam caught all the same day, Trout/ Red/ Snook is bragging right's. so much water so many fish, you should catch some thing even if it is a sail catfish