Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sundance18

Trailer lights

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I need to replace the rear trailer lights. The Klutz in me ran into it with my Knee when I was covering her for the winter.

I bought the new lights and the leads that come out has a molded plug on it with male/female connections.

I looked at it last night but is there a plug on the trailer wiring where this plug in? I did not see it. I would think this would not be water proof.

I bought the same lights that the trailer came with so I am a bit confused.

Thanks

You probably have the lights that creat a airchamber when submerged. Boat goes in water and an air bubble gets created. I have the same "system" and it does actually work. All lights that get submerged seem to go bad at some point even LEDS when submerged in the salt. Mine are now 5yrs old and work and I trail in FL and use the boat every week,However I 'd expect them to fail at some point from corrosion. Don't forget to disconnect the [power before you dunk. Good luck JP

you might have to remove the plug-in connector that came on yer new lights and just splice them into yer old wires..... use some butt-end connectors/shrink tubing and you'll be good to go

as far as trailer lights burning out/corroding... I dont think theres any fool-proof product out there (INCLUDING LED's). the best solution is to mount the lights somewhere out of the water when submerged..... I put mine on top of the bunk guide-ons and they've been fine ever since.......

IMO Remember to disconnect   your trailer lights before you are backing up to the water .. And i been using LED for along time .. That is the best one so far that i like .

Happy fishing .