Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nipsip

The Republican Continuing War On Women

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

Where do these people get the idea that employers should be able to cherry-pick women's health care options and deny complete coverage to employees based on "moral beliefs".

That bill that 48 Republican senators (iuncluding our nutcase Senator, Scott Brown) voted for would have permitted employers, based on objections to a perceived immoral lifestyle, ie. "moral beliefs", to refuse to cover things like HIV/AIDS, prenatal care for single unwed mothers, mammograms, vaccinations for children or anything else perceived as "immoral" by the employer.

This bill was aimed directly at women and is a right wing Republican attempt to introduce Christian Shria Law into the USA.

Where do these people get the idea that employers should be able to cherry-pick women's health care options and deny complete coverage to employees based on "moral beliefs".

I agree.

I think it would be better if employers stopped offering health insurance as a benefit all together and instead let people buy their own coverage. This way they can purchase the benefits that are important to them as individuals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontTreadOnAnyone View Post

How can we take this OP seriously when it fails to mention that all rapists are Republicans?

aside from an attempt to derail the thread,

how do you feel about the OP?

do you see any of those issues as being anti-woman?

I do.

I beleive the issue was birth control, stay on point and stop trying to drag all that other tear jerker crap into it. I do not beleive insurance should pay for any sexual aides, boner pills, birth control, rubbers or whatever. Pay for your own fun.

I read KoQ's post,

but all I heard was....

kaching,

kaching,

kachiing,

kaching,

kaching.....

Actually, I think the cost of healthcare insurance would go down in his scenario, not up. There would be a broader range of products offered, similar to homeowner's or car insurance, for example. Instead of having limited choices, there would be a multitude of choices and consumers could pick their coverage based on what they want to be covered for and for how much. The employer is somewhat handcuffed in that regard. They can't offer a multitiude of choices because it's not cost effective for them. Most employees are pretty much given the same policy every other employee gets while their needs might be completely different. My firm is over 100K employees. There is no way they could provide ideal coverage for even the smallest % of us.

aside from an attempt to derail the thread,

how do you feel about the OP?

do you see any of those issues as being anti-woman?

I do.

I told you exactly my opinion of the OP. Well except maybe it also left out that all murders of women are committed by Republicans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMoCoJoe View Post

Actually, I think the cost of healthcare insurance would go down in his scenario, not up.

I meant for KoQ personally,

I don't know for sure, but I would assume that such a change would be very financially rewarding for a broker like himself.

I read KoQ's post,

but all I heard was....

kaching,

kaching,

kachiing,

kaching,

kaching.....

I don't sell health insurance, but if I did, what difference does it make?

If I sold one big group health plan or several individual plans?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings over Queens View Post

I don't sell health insurance, but if I did, what difference does it make?

If I sold one big group health plan or several individual plans?

I dunno,

I assume that a group plan would come with a smaller commission than selling an equal number of individual plans.

again, I did cite the speculative nature of my opinion.

plus a guy like you might not have access to sell health plans to huge employers,

but if all those employees were fending for themself you would be able to sell to them.....

it SEEMED that removing the corporate aspect of coverage would be beneficial to neighborhood guys like you.

I dunno,

I assume that a group plan would come with a smaller commission than selling an equal number of individual plans.

again, I did cite the speculative nature of my opinion.

plus a guy like you might not have access to sell health plans to huge employers,

but if all those employees were fending for themself you would be able to sell to them.....

it SEEMED that removing the corporate aspect of coverage would be beneficial to neighborhood guys like you.

I often joked that Obama care would create a cottage industry for guys like me.

Forcing people to buy a product, what more could someone ask for?

I have no plans to enter the health insurance marketplace.

My post above is nothing more than a suggestion to the OP's concern.

I beleive the issue was birth control, stay on point and stop trying to drag all that other tear jerker crap into it. I do not beleive insurance should pay for any sexual aides, boner pills, birth control, rubbers or whatever. Pay for your own fun.

Regardless of what you think, the wording of the bill would have allowed any employer to not offer health care to anyone based on their moral position. Them's the facts regardless of what you hear on FOX and Limbaugh.

Regardless of what you think, the wording of the bill would have allowed any employer to not offer health care to anyone based on their moral position. Them's the facts regardless of what you hear on FOX and Limbaugh.

it's a private contract between 2 parties. Government should have nothing to do with it. If you don't like what's offered, offer your services across the street.