Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassballer

Might be making a west coast move

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, RI guy here and may be relocating to San Diego for my Fiances work. I need some advise as far as boat slips in that area. How much is it for a slip and availablilty. I have a 20' seacraft. Would love to bring it out there just worried if its worth it. Also if a 20 footer is big enough for the type of fishing in Socal. Any advise would be appreciative.

SD is a fishing Mecca, so your boat would come in handy. Boat storage out of the water is roughly half.

On the other side if the coin, they have one of the largest fleets of party/longrange boats worldwide; so you may be better off "renting" a spot on their boats.

Hey guys, RI guy here and may be relocating to San Diego for my Fiances work. I need some advise as far as boat slips in that area. How much is it for a slip and availablilty. I have a 20' seacraft. Would love to bring it out there just worried if its worth it. Also if a 20 footer is big enough for the type of fishing in Socal. Any advise would be appreciative.

Seacraft 20 is a very capable vessel, large enough to run to Catalina Island as the weather permits, plus you can go lobstering inshore & fish the "kelp"...I would keep your Seacraft, & if you rent...maybe you could either find a house with storage "driveway" for your vessel or if you rent an apartment , you might be able to find a fellow renter who does not use their carport space & for a fee...rent their space....If you "sell" you Seacraft in today's economy.....you will essentially...."Give it AWAY'!!!....Mark

bugs, buts, bass (white sea), yellowtail...keep the boat. the flexibility to go where you want is huge in SD. you don't want to be stuck jigging up turdrollers and grumpies when you could be chasing sea bass at the kelp paddies.

The best thing to do is to seek out the local sportsman clubs and get to know some of the member to reconmend you for membership. They own marina's and can provide slips only if your a member. Up north my friend Tim has his boat at the San Pablo Sportsman Club in Richmond Ca in which he is a member. Like it is posted above most of the slips are tooken by the tuna and longrange fleets. You may try Rodondo Beach Marina in Los Angeles ,Ca. The last time i was there I seen several slips open there!