Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NS Mike D

Tasteless?,yes. Funny? I think so. Racist, I don't know, what say you?

Rate this topic

99 posts in this topic

"Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read this. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine.

"A little boy said to his mother, 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white?' His mother replied, 'Don't even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!'"

some Bush appointed judge got in trouble for forwarding this email joke. He apologized and admitted it was racist and wrong. People are calling for his resignation.

I have to admit, I laughed when I read it. Jokes about race are not necessarily racist. The joke is clearly calling his mom a **** (or at least having a night of indiscretion) but I don't really see this as racist.

The cnn article opening line is : Montana's chief federal judge has offered his apologies for forwarding a racist e-mail aimed at President Barack Obama. Liberal advocacy groups demanded that U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull resign.

edit note: lol didn't know the word for promiscuous was auto-censored

"Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read this. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine.

"A little boy said to his mother, 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white?' His mother replied, 'Don't even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!'"

some Bush appointed judge got in trouble for forwarding this email joke. He apologized and admitted it was racist and wrong. People are calling for his resignation.

I have to admit, I laughed when I read it. Jokes about race are not necessarily racist. The joke is clearly calling his mom a **** (or at least having a night of indiscretion) but I don't really see this as racist.

The cnn article opening line is : Montana's chief federal judge has offered his apologies for forwarding a racist e-mail aimed at President Barack Obama. Liberal advocacy groups demanded that U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull resign.

edit note: lol didn't know the word for promiscuous was auto-censored

did he forward it from a work provided computer/account or from his personal email? big difference.

did he forward it from a work provided computer/account or from his personal email? big difference.

not sure for a judge it really does make a difference,

but my point isn't weather he was right or wrong, but if you think the actual joke is racist.

not sure for a judge it really does make a difference,

but my point isn't weather he was right or wrong, but if you think the actual joke is racist.

essentially, it's just calling his mother a loose, wild woman. i think it matters judge or not. from a work pc, he's toast. from home, he should be fine

There is nothing in the joke that states anyone's belief that any particular race of people is superior or inferior to another due entirely to genetic makeup.

As to Obama's mother, thats pretty rough stuff.  I have never seen any evidence of that.  She did go through a couple men, and she obviously had a penchant for men of other races, but that is no evidence of being "loose".

Now if she had gone in front of a congressional commitee and stated that she had so much sex that birth control cost a thousand dollars per year.........hmmmmmm.

I don't find it funny at all....

some jokes are written to be funny,

that one strikes me as being written expressly for Obama with the intent of being as insulting as possible.

that type of joke often falls flat to me,

it's just a vehicle to imply the woman is a ****.

that one strikes me as being written expressly for Obama with the intent of being as insulting as possible.

agreed. i just don't think it's a funny joke. i'm not sure it's racist though.

I threw chicken bones in the sand and they predicted you would say that exactly.

There is nothing in the joke that states anyone's belief that any particular race of people is superior or inferior to another due entirely to genetic makeup.

As to Obama's mother, thats pretty rough stuff.  I have never seen any evidence of that.  She did go through a couple men, and she obviously had a penchant for men of other races, but that is no evidence of being "loose".

Now if she had gone in front of a congressional commitee and stated that she had so much sex that birth control cost a thousand dollars per year.........hmmmmmm.

i'm not sure jokes are mandated to require evidence. IMO, that's the implication of the joke though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontTreadOnAnyone View Post

I threw chicken bones in the sand and they predicted you would say that exactly.

I guess I'm more high brow than most,

but jokes with the punch line "your mom effs dogs" just don't do it for me,

it seems more designed to be a vehicle for a crass insult, than a vehicle for a chuckle.

I guess I'm more high brow than most,

but jokes with the punch line "your mom effs dogs" just don't do it for me,

it seems more designed to be a vehicle for a crass insult, than a vehicle for a chuckle.

More high brow, more intelligent. Please continue, we need to know all about you so we have something to aspire to.

Sometimes you can read a book by it's cover. He sent it to 5 other people.

When my friends text or email me things like that I don't even open them

because I know they're racial.

the more we condone people in high office getting away with saying things and then "taking them back", the worse it will be for our kids.