Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J44

wading jackets

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

im looking for a new jacket to wear in the bays,,bridges,sand beaches,,,,i dont need it to be bullet proof...only keep me dry in the rain,,and lots of pockets,,,,i have other highend jackets,drytops that are going in the garbage...p.s.not swimming in it,,thats what the wetsuit is for,,,,cabelas seem to have the best deals...

Cabelas has some very good deals and good warranties. You could also try Sierra Trading Post. Search the site for "waterproof jacket". They have a number of very good products at steep discounts.

Cabelas has some very good deals and good warranties. You could also try Sierra Trading Post. Search the site for "waterproof jacket". They have a number of very good products at steep discounts.

thank you

At one time the quest for lots on pockets on my wading was a feature that I searched for. I was like you, I didn't plan to use my jacket for swimming. Well one day this past fall while at Island Beach during the outstand fall run. As the tide dropped I started slowly wading out on the sand bar. Well to make a long story short I got knocked down by an incoming wave. Guess what, all those pockets filled with water addind about 15 extra pounds to get up with. Yes, the pockets do drain but you have to stand up to make it happen. I am planning to get a dry top this year if there is ever a chance of getting knocked down. But most cases a wading jacket will get the job done. If I had to get just one I think I would err on the side of a dry top.

Ice

I have a LL Bean Pac Lite Gortex, Had it about 5 years, it's everything I need. Worth a look.

Nice Jacket. The Orvis Pac jacket is great too. Sealed zippers and seams.

exactly what emgred said..................i have purchased my last two Columbia Fishing Jackets here and they were DISCOUNTED nicely !!!