Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b-ware

Four Years Ago

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

3-1-08 I suffered and survived a heart attack and a quadruple bypass. Lets all stop for a minute and give thanks for what we have and who we share it with because it could........................

Amen to that!

9-9-1998. Heart attack (actually 2 the same day, one at home and another in the hospital) and a triple bypass.

Gives you a whole new attitude after you survive something like that.

I give thanks for being here to share life with my family and friends.

God bless you both. My father had a heart attack this summer. Very minor no damage at all, but a wake up call. Doc called it the million dollor heart attack. Since then Ive been on the tread mill trying to loose twenty lbs. almost there. I want to hit my goal by the time stripers are back.

3-1-08 I suffered and survived a heart attack and a quadruple bypass. Lets all stop for a minute and give thanks for what we have and who we share it with because it could........................

Well said Bernie. All kidding aside, i've seen people in those spots and it's a scary thing for everyone, most especially the person directly effected! glad to hear you are doing well and looking at life this way. live every day cause you never know when your time is up...

see ya on the rocks.

Triple bypass, 7 angioplasties, cancer, arthritis from the neck down, bursitis in my hip, one eye, severe hearing loss in both ears, But, 4 great kids, 12 wonderful grandkids, and the worlds greatest girlfriend.

I'm happy and I love to get up in the morning.

No game.. this is just life. You never realize how good life is until you are lying in the ICU with your chest split open. I remember feeling sorry for myself with all the stuff happening to me until I was able to actually get up and took my first walk after the operation and met a man who just had a heart transplant. Suddenly what happened to me was not so bad after all. This helped me with all the other stuff that happened.

I have my moments when I can't do anything but during those times, I go to the ditch in my head and life gets better.

You know you could stay home and hurt or you could get out and hurt. I choose getting out even if it is only out to the backyard.

No game.. this is just life. You never realize how good life is until you are lying in the ICU with your chest split open.

It's one of those things where you kinda have to be there to understand it.

It's one of those things where you kinda have to be there to understand it.

Ain't that the truth and you can't explain it to anyone else. I call it "going through the wringer" and everybody's wringer is different but the same.

FYI... I was 45 years old and in good shape except for some busted discs in my back.