Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Ruptured eye ball vessel

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

How can something that's so harmless look so catastrophically tragic???? LOL. I didn't even realize anything was wrong until I went to brush my teeth before bed last night, when I looked in the mirror and thought someone shot my eyeball...well ok, you have to pull my bottom lid out to get that effect...but you get the picture.

Anyway, although I knew it was nothing to worry about in of itself, I recently (maybe 4-5 days ago) had a spontaneous nose bleed and wasn't sure if there was some other underlying factor - which blood pressue can be one of these factors....so I booked an appointment and although I've been diagnosed in general with high blood pressure, the lisinopril I'm on has kept it in check and today was no exception. So the doc just sent me home and said to monitor any future events (like I'm going to ignore things like this)...if some thing like this happens again, they'll check my platelet level:-)

How can something that's so harmless look so catastrophically tragic???? LOL. I didn't even realize anything was wrong until I went to brush my teeth before bed last night, when I looked in the mirror and thought someone shot my eyeball...well ok, you have to pull my bottom lid out to get that effect...but you get the picture.

Anyway, although I knew it was nothing to worry about in of itself, I recently (maybe 4-5 days ago) had a spontaneous nose bleed and wasn't sure if there was some other underlying factor - which blood pressue can be one of these factors....so I booked an appointment and although I've been diagnosed in general with high blood pressure, the lisinopril I'm on has kept it in check and today was no exception. So the doc just sent me home and said to monitor any future events (like I'm going to ignore things like this)...if some thing like this happens again, they'll check my platelet level:-)

Did you get punched in a bar ? :p

Dennis:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hookinfinger View Post

Did you get punched in a bar ?

Dennis:)

That's how I broke my finger.

Someone punched me in the nose.

That's how I broke my finger.

Someone punched me in the nose.

predictable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by albacized View Post

Are you also taking a 81 MG aspirin each day? I've had to go to every other day because of unstoppable/spontaneous nosebleeds. No eye bleeds tho.

Are you also taking a 81 MG aspirin each day? I've had to go to every other day because of unstoppable/spontaneous nosebleeds. No eye bleeds tho.

No, I'm not taking asprin at this time....but it's funny you say that because he mentioned checking my platelet count if this were to continue