Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surf Hunter

I Is Hungaries...

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Think this is a step in the right direction or BS? It has been long known they ahve been starving the country, maybe the new Lil Kim actually ain't a dick.

Washington (CNN) -- North Korea has agreed to halt nuclear tests, long-range missile launches and enrichment activities at its Yongbyon nuclear complex in exchange for food aid from the United States, the State Department said Wednesday.

The state-run North Korean news agency (KCNA) announced the agreement separately.

"Today's announcement represents a modest first step in the right direction. We, of course, will be watching closely and judging North Korea's new leaders by their actions," Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Wednesday before the House Appropriations Committee.

In return for the moratorium on nuclear activities at this key site, the United States has agreed to finalize a package of 240,000 metric tons of nutritional assistance to North Korea. There will be intensive monitoring to assure the delivery of such assistance is made to those in need, and not diverted to the military or government elites, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said in a statement.

"The DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) has also agreed to the return of IAEA inspectors to verify and monitor the moratorium on uranium enrichment activities at Yongbyon and confirm the disablement of the 5-MW reactor and associated facilities," Nuland said.

All his dad's buddies are still around though.  They've done this before.

Caution is well warranted.

North Korea: The Nuclear Duplicity Continues

By: Lt. Col. Gordon Cucullu

FrontPageMagazine.com | Tuesday, September 20, 2005

If headlines and sound bites were believable you might think that the long festering threat of nuclear weapons in North Korea was suddenly solved. “North Korea Agrees to Suspend Nuclear Program,” one euphoric headline read. Chalk it up to short editorial attention span perhaps, but recognize that we are a long way from solution of this problem.

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=7192

All his dad's buddies are still around though.  They've done this before.

Have they let us in to monitor where the food is going before like they are agreeing to now? I know they are not to be trusted, but it would be nice to ease a little global tension.

I agree.

I would not trust them till they let the JW Humanitarian Aid Program in.

Ten trailers full of Weber Grills, five trailers full of ribs, some Hooters girls.

A million of those giant folding easy chairs.  Lynyrd Skynyrd and 38 Special.

No brown liquor, but I could see a couple trainloads of Buds.

Matching overalls and green foam John Deere hats.

Pork rinds.  Sweet Tea.  Chicken Wings

All towed in with Monster Trucks.