Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
giovanni63

shimano stella sw USA o JDM

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I live in Italy and I'm interested in buying a Shimano Stella SW 10000 pg. I noticed that there is a difference of about $ 200-300 between U.S. and JDM model. It 's just a difference in marketing or they are built with materials of different quality? I know it's a hot topic, but anyone who knows me knows these two models and suggest which one to buy?

Thanks in advance

I really think there is. The 10000PG on ebay Italy costs about $ 300 cheaper than the JDM model (see Japanese fishing sites). Visually you can see two differences: crank gold and line-roller black in the model for the U.S. market.

Regards

I really think there is. The 10000PG on ebay Italy costs about $ 300 cheaper than the JDM model (see Japanese fishing sites). Visually you can see two differences: crank gold and line-roller black in the model for the U.S. market.

Regards

Giovanni........Plug and teaser got it right.....there is no 10000 PG SW marketed to US.......the 10000SW for the US market is 5.8 to 1 GR, same as the 10000XG JDM version. There is JDM 10000 PG with 4.9 to 1 GR. Other than color scheme, intervals/features should be same between JDM and US versions.

Now, if you drop down to the 8000 JDM version, you do get the carbon knob (approx $200 upgrade), which could possibly explain the cost differential........but not in the 10000 versions and above (same knob in US and JDM).