Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SB59

For all you south jersey trout fishers!

9 posts in this topic

Fellas,

I have also heard that the Maryland DNR may reduce the numbers this year also.  I personally would like to see more catch and release stocking and management.

years back they lowered the number of stock fish on a local river,,and also made large sections of the river catch n release only,,and it made it a better river,,,according to nysdec, this river now has one of the highiest percent rate of hold over trout in ny state, and also has a good percent of wild brown trout.

i belive the dec did a good job with the mangement of this river,, i also belive by lowering th number of fish,u lower the number of fisherman(some people just wanna drive their car to river and fish right there,,,they not willing to walk the river)

so lowering the number of stocked fish sounds real bad,, it may not be as bad as it sounds.,,with some good mangement the river may produce less fish,,but hopefully bigger and stronger fish

How is Manasquan considered South Jersey...:confused:

You mean teh river or the reservoir? I fished the river as a kid...caught hundreds of stockers. That river is dying a slow death...stocking it just turns it into a glorified fish market.