Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ww874

Lamiglas shipping charges

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Hi all

I recently saw a 10' lamiglas super surf rod at a local store. I really like the rod. The owner showed me the warranty policy Lamiglas has, which was called a  "fast track warranty". The warranty stated the rod would be replaced, no questions asked, for $90 plus my cost to ship the broken rod to Lamiglas, plus their return shipping to me. I asked what it cost to ship a 10' rod from Washington to NY and was told the cost was $185.Since my original cost  for the rod would be $350, this warranty doesn't seem that great. Am I missing something?.

Hi all

I recently saw a 10' lamiglas super surf rod at a local store. I really like the rod. The owner showed me the warranty policy Lamiglas has, which was called a  "fast track warranty". The warranty stated the rod would be replaced, no questions asked, for $90 plus my cost to ship the broken rod to Lamiglas, plus their return shipping to me. I asked what it cost to ship a 10' rod from Washington to NY and was told the cost was $185.Since my original cost  for the rod would be $350, this warranty doesn't seem that great. Am I missing something?.

Lami has their fast track warranty that they implemented in early 2011 along with their regular limited lifetime.These warranty's do not include shipping the rod there and back to you. These day's unless you can drive and pick up the rod yourself, the shipping charges are through the roof for one piece rods that are a certain length . That is the problem. Two piece no such issues.

One piece rods. Call them get an authorization and cut rod showing code, rod model and rating about 12" long. Send the 12' piece in.

What about the shipping on the replacement rod...

What about the shipping on the replacement rod...

it cost me 130 dollars to ship a 10ft ss

by the way thats my 3rd i broke

(*edited - please don't promote products you represent in a thread about another rod brand...it's sort of unfair to derail a thread by recommending rods you get for free or a reduced price without some sort of disclosure - TimS)

Everyone will throw Century if they get it for free. Century does not make 1pc rod. And if they do, the shipping cost will be the same however if you call Lami, they will tell you to cut the rod to two and ship the two sections for $20. That's what they told me when my RA 1084 broke few years ago...

it cost me 130 dollars to ship a 10ft ss

by the way thats my 3rd i broke

a 130 clams to ship a 10ft rod, wow, it costs me only 85$ to have a blank shipped up to me from NC, fedex is the only way to ship rods,

Quote:

Originally Posted by gray gables View Post

a 130 clams to ship a 10ft rod, wow, it costs me only 85$ to have a blank shipped up to me from NC, fedex is the only way to ship rods,

That is shipping on east cost. Lamiglas west coast. That is what they told me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by levari View Post

Everyone will throw Century if they get it for free. Century does not make 1pc rod. And if they do, the shipping cost will be the same however if you call Lami, they will tell you to cut the rod to two and ship the two sections for $20. That's what they told me when my RA 1084 broke few years ago...

icon14.gif