Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dcast

Power Pro Update

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I apologize if someone has already posted the following.........one well known vendor's opinion/direction with Power Pro:

From Charkbait:

Power Pro - We are discontinuing this line based upon several factors. First, customer feedback which has been increasingly negative - probably more a factor of recognition that there are better products now on the market. Secondly, Power Pro has not kept up with newer innovations, contrast that with Cortland and Jerry Brown. And, finally, these guys are now owned by a nameless bike company which we don't support. To further understanding, we now have been led to understand that Power Pro will now move production overseas, using an inferior Spectra copy. They'll try to belatedly jump on Jerry Brown's innovations of hollow core, with a knock-off product. No innovation, just parasitic marketing. Nope, we won't stock the stuff, and suggest to our clients that their money is better spent with those firms that offer true innovation.

That opinion is quite old. Also, keep in mind that retailer also has a big problem with (and no longer sells) Shimano products so their opinion is a bit biased and not totally based on fact...

That opinion is quite old. Also, keep in mind that retailer also has a big problem with (and no longer sells) Shimano products so their opinion is a bit biased and not totally based on fact...

This is one of the reasons why I would not buy or deal with Charkbait! I don't know what the story is with them & Shimano but not carrying there line is like cutting your nose off to spite your face. Most of you know I am a Hugh Shimano fan from there reels to there outstanding Cust, service.

I have used power pro in the past but mostly use Jerry Brown & Sufix now. I think Charkbait is losing out by not carrying the Shimano line... Shame on them!

I have no opinion on Charkbait or PowerPro (as an independent brand). I do, however, have a definite opinion on Shimano. I think they have gone above and beyond over the years in the fields of innovation (Stella for example) and customer service. Any retailer that turns their back on Shimano and calls them a "nameless bike company" is either; a) completely out of touch with the Salt-water fishing community or b) off their rocker. Either way I'm not buying from or listening to the opinions of that guy!

Also, what is the relationship between Jerry Brown and Charkbait? Seem s little skewed if you ask me.

Plus, their grammar is terrible: To further understanding, we now have been led to understand that Power Pro will now move production

I aint no English professor, but this sentence seems effed up>>

There isn't really a company out there now a days that really offers true innovation in the fishing realm. One company will make something new the others copy it and tweak it..Then another does the same and so on and so on....Sorry to hear you don't like to sell products and make money....Sorry to say but I don't think that nameless bicycle company will be hurt much by your actions. Hope it all works out for you.

what is charkbaits deal with shimano?

It had something to do with manufacturers agreement on pricing. Shimano is pretty strict on it, won't even allow incentives like free mono on their reels. I think Charkbait wanted to hook up their customers but couldn't so they stopped carrying their product. Been to their shop here in San Diego, a little pricey but the crew was nice. But yeah take their Shimano reviews with a grain of salt. :D

I think Charkbait wanted to hook up their customers but couldn't so they stopped carrying their product. . :D

I heard it was the other way around - Shimano pulled their products from Chark over pricing/discount issues. Either way the result is the same. You have a large retailer that has a gripe with one of the biggest (and best) tackle manufacturers over an issue not related to product quality. Their opinion on Shimano and any other Shimano owned company is completely biased and useless.