Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DAQ

Daytona 500 fire

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

What bad luck to loose it and hit the jet dryer. It seems the fire crew took a while to get there though. They were using fire extinguishers on a couple hundred gallons of jet fuel. Where's the foam?

That race team is going to get quite a nice invoice in the mail from the Speedway! 

A weird speedweek , wasn't it?

Nothing like the invoice they would have seen if the driver of the truck had been killed.

The speedway and NASCAR really dodged a bullet last nite.

200 gallons of jet fuel out on the track with the race carsicon24.gif

whoa!

Good race lots of crashes and dented ego's. The truck crash was a fluke, no one will get blamed as the car lost all steering ability. Could have been a lot worse. The fire made Monday Night at the races something to watch. They should hold more of the big winter Spring races in the evening. Did not like the finish as the team thought took Earnhart out of the chance to win.

Yeah Winch.I really liked the Monday Night format.That was a great way to resolve the rain delays, and I really hope that the tv ratings will encourage NASCAR to try it again.

A Mon night prime time Daytona 500 again would be awesome IMO.

Too bad about the long fire delay and the early wreck.The race went way past midnight, I would guess that a lot of fans bailed out before it was over.

It was kinda exciting at the end, but the tv guys totally overhyped it.

Jr. had a fast car, but not quite enough muscle to take the lead on his own. A push might have got him the win...but it might have taken all 3 lead cars out of the race.

Jr. is probably satisfied with a second place finish, but at Daytona a second place finish is a million miles away from winning, if you know what I mean.