Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keith1

Hello all

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

Hello all, I'm new here. I'm mostly a fresh water fisher in central New England, but a few years ago started deep sea fishing and this year I'm going to try my hand at surf fishing on Plum Island, Massachusetts.

Picked up a cheap 12' rod and a half decent 3 bearing bait casting reel. I know not the easiest way to learn but I like the hands on approach bait casting setups offer. Not to mention I can transfer the reel to my an old salt-water rod when I go out deep sea fishing which is a $7 rod rental savings. 

I'd appreciate any beginners advice, thus far I've learned a lot browsing the forums. 

Hello all, I'm new here. I'm mostly a fresh water fisher in central New England, but a few years ago started deep sea fishing and this year I'm going to try my hand at surf fishing on Plum Island, Massachusetts.

Picked up a cheap 12' rod and a half decent 3 bearing bait casting reel. I know not the easiest way to learn but I like the hands on approach bait casting setups offer. Not to mention I can transfer the reel to my an old salt-water rod when I go out deep sea fishing which is a $7 rod rental savings. 

I'd appreciate any beginners advice, thus far I've learned a lot browsing the forums. 

Are you Robert Williams ?

Welcome either way !

Dennis :)

Wow. The tavern is quite a wild place to ask for fishing advice nevermind making your first post here....:D

Welcome bud but since you say you HAVE been reading, whatever prompted you to make your first post in the tavern AND to ask about fishing? Don't you know that only about half of the guys that post in here regularly actually fish??

Certainly not being negative bud. it's a ballsy move for sure. Just curious is all.

:wave:

Welcome and on this forum you will have to double check the advice someone gives you(the tavern I mean) :confused: We on here are fisher people that couldn't give a straight answer if we where paid. Now the rest of SOL has some excellent advice but if you ask someone over here you better double check it with something you can trust. We still think that Bigfoot is our neighbor and Elvis is still alive :confused:;)

Thank you all for the welcome,

I elected to post a greetings thread in this forum as I didn't want to interrupt the ideological breakthroughs of the ivory tower in the main discussion forum.