Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sidewinder

Reel comparison feed back needed Abu Revo / Shimano Curado 301

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I know here are a lot of reel comparisons on sol. I am sorry for another but i am torn between these 3 reels. I am looking to put a new reel on my 7'6 mojo. It will mainly be used in back bays casting bombers and small wood. I am looking for feedback on 3 different reels.

Abu REVO inshore 24lb of drag

Abu Orra inshore less expensive then the revo 15 lbs of drag

Shimano Curado 301 ej. 15 lbs of dag

I am looking for feed back in durability / salt durability / Drag response and how big fish were handled n these / castability any issues / and overall performance.

Pleas feel free to give me your opinions and points of view if you have owned or own and use any of these. Thanks for your input.

I have an Inshore and I like it. Would definitely get another if I had the need. As far as the 24lbs of drag, I don't believe that at all. The drag has been fine, has been more than adequate but I just question that number. Also, you do not need 24lbs of drag in such a small reel even if it is true. 10-15 is more than enough and that's even overkill. I've used the reel mainly for fluke (bucktailing) and its great for that. I did use it jigging for bass and blues once. A reel as small as that with a 6.4 ratio isn't really up to the task with bigger fish (bass & blues @ 10-15lbs). I caught a few fish on it that day and quickly put it down.

im not sure why abu advertises the revo inshore as having 24lbs of drag. i upgraded the drag on mine to carbontex drag washers and it maxed out at around 15lbs. i also have the curado 300ej. both are great reels.

the revo will pretty much handle any backbay fish. its a tough reel, and lighter than the curado 300.

i use the curado on my tog rod.

if i were to chose one for back bay fishing, i would go with the revo.

Guys really appreciate all the comments ...keep them coming ...im wondering if ita worth it if i went with the abu to go with the revo im thinking maybe the orra ....cheeper and it probably has mo hamdle bearing wich is good so it wont corrode as quick....then again i hear tje curado has better castibility ...thats also what im looking for