Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oceancruze1

New to Forum C'ant send PM *

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I am new to forum to send a private message do I have to pay my dues or something before I can?   *

(*edited - this is a discussion forum, it exists so that people can ask and answer questions in public - nobody wants to answer the same question 200 times, so rather than ask them to answer your question in private, ask it in public so that they will only have to answer that question once. Thanks :th: TimS)

He was last on about 3 weeks ago. I believe you need to be a member for 7 days and have 15 posts before PM privileges kick in. Ask anyway, either he or others will chime in.

Welcome to SOL.

I wanted to ask about surfcasting from the Cabo beaches next month in March.     Is it a good time to catch Roosters and other good size fighting fish off the beaches and I am also planning to go out on a charter with Redrum, was going out with Pisces until I read so many good reviews about Redrum.    Are the waters generally too cool for good fishing this time of the year.    Also what would you suggest for lures or should I use bait?     I have read about the Cabo Killer and something you can cast a ways to get out beyond the rollers coming in?

Welcome Aboard!

You have joined the "Best" Fishing Web-Site on the Net!!

This is more than just a web-Site it is a Family of loving & caring Guy's & Gal's that are here to help in all your needs.

There is a wealth of Knowledge here weather you are a new fisherman or a season angler . Fish from shore or a boater you will find out anything you need to know.

Please take some time to go over the Guide Lines & rules they will explain all you need to know.

It is customary that all new members tell a joke. ( Just keep it clean )

You won't be able to buy or sell or PM until you are a member in good standing for 7 days & have at least 15 posts. So please jump in & tell us about yourself & contribute to the site. We can all learn something new or Old.

Check out all the different forums that interest you. If your looking how to there are many forums to help all your needs. If you enjoy cooking you will find some great recipes from some of the best .

Whatever your interests are I'm sure you will find it here & Don't be Shy! Jump in and ask whatever you need. Someone will be more than happy to help you out.

There is a search feature on the main page that will help you find many different aspects of are great sport.

Again Welcome & Enjoy.....................Ron

Well thanks for the welcome flytyingguy1 and the forum.     New member tells a joke hmmm, none come to mind right now I guess but I can tell a fish story some might find amusing I guess.

Was over 25 years ago early in my fishing career and I was fishing from a boat trolling for stipers or whatever would hit the line.       Well it was my turn at the rod and I got a pretty damn good strike on the rod,   wow every time I had it near the damn boat it took off Zzzzzz   away the line would go and peel off the reel.     Fish ran 3 times but  at last he was near the boat and I could see him but what was it, got it close and it wasn't a tuna like I thought it was 3 blues the largest of which was an 18 pounder on the christmas tree rig we were pulling behind the boat.   

Just to clarify what info you want. You are wanting to know about surf fishing for roosterfish in Cabo, correct? You are also wanting to know about charters for red drum...in Cabo or somewhere else? Unaware of red drum on the West Coast of US or Mexico. Where are you wanting to fish for red drum?

Yes on Roosterfish and surfcasting in Cabo but no I am also going out on a charter for big game fish hopefully, I was listing charter boat outfits I have seen promoted on the Internet like Redrum, Pisces Sportfishing etc and looking for a charter outfit someone might have used and found to be the one to book with

Just to clarify what info you want. You are wanting to know about surf fishing for roosterfish in Cabo, correct? You are also wanting to know about charters for red drum...in Cabo or somewhere else? Unaware of red drum on the West Coast of US or Mexico. Where are you wanting to fish for red drum?

I think there is some confusion. The Redrum (like the drink) is a charter boat in Cabo.

I think there is some confusion. The Redrum (like the drink) is a charter boat in Cabo.

Redrum is Murder spelled backwards, don't you know nothing. (double negative used to keep the smarter peeps from getting POed.

Peace

Redrum is a charter boat outfit in Cabo but I guess no one one this Forum has heard of them,  also looked into Pisces Sportfishing but looking to go out with Redrum as I have read good reviews about them

Redrum is a charter boat outfit in Cabo but I guess no one one this Forum has heard of them,  also looked into Pisces Sportfishing but looking to go out with Redrum as I have read good reviews about them