Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lv2bass

Question about , Don't hit me!!! Fly fishing???

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I said the Don't hit me part with my hands over my head , in a fetal position. No I am not a fly fisherman, but I hang out in this forum, so you kind gentleman receive my question, like it or not. I am certain there is at least one fly fisherman hanging out here collecting gossip to tell his other fly fishing buddy's about us baitcaster/spincasters. So here is the question:

I been paying through the nose for treble hooks with feathers tied to them for all my life at BPS. or Cabella's. This year I am sick of paying those prices, and besides I cannot usually get the colors I want to use on certain lures. Yes, I know I can buy x-raps with feathers, but two problems, first I use saltwater hooks, and second, I wear them off quick so I need to be able to rebuild or replace. I would like somebody who has some time to show me how, what equipment I will need, like one of those hook holders, and that fancy knot tiers etc.... also what kinda glue, and what are the best feathers and glitter line to use. For such time and effort, I would be willing to take you fishing, if you promise , no farting in the vehicle, if you smoke I pull over and let you out , and if your prone to cast and break my good rod tips off, you will promise to pay me back that $200/rod. I cast lures when fishing and maybe some bottom fishing. I target almost 100% Rockfish. I live in the harbor section of Baltimore, and have a garage which can be used to instruct me. I fish down around the Choptank River. I keep my boat on a lift there. So this could be a good deal for you and a good deal for me too. My direct email is Broadview1313@aol.com. Hope I am allowed to post my email here. Name being Pete