Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishNH

Biggest hypocrites

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Nothing new here but with a 37 million dollar annual budget they are really pulling the wool over many eyes.

Documents published online this month show that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, an organization known for its uncompromising animal-rights positions, killed more than 95 percent of the pets in its care in 2011.

The documents, obtained from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, were published online by the Center for Consumer Freedom, a non-profit organization that runs online campaigns targeting groups that antagonize food producers.

Fifteen years’ worth of similar records show that since 1998 PETA has killed more than 27,000 animals at its headquarters in Norfolk, VA.

In a February 16 statement, the Center said PETA killed 1,911 cats and dogs last year, finding homes for only 24 pets.

“PETA hasn’t slowed down its slaughterhouse operation,” said Rick Berman, CCF’s executive director. “It appears PETA is more concerned with funding its media and advertising antics than finding suitable homes for these dogs and cats.”

In a statement, Berman added that PETA has a $37 million dollar annual budget.

This isn't "hypocrisy" this is big business attacking a watch dog. Even "no kill" shelters euthanize animals and if PETA is going to run an animal shelter in America they're going to put animals down just as the "Humane" society does.

If this is true,95% of the animals euthanized is totally unacceptable. I really can't believe that. There's no way you can defend that!

That's the problem with this whole "outrage". "If it's true" is a pretty big pill to swallow and if it is true then what condition were those animals in? How many animals? And why does the lead in post use the NATIONAL budget to show what a danger the actions of ONE office might be?

The whole thing is hyperbole and hysteria but a great way to get the faithful ranting about the usual bad guy so they're not paying attention to what's actually affecting their lives.

For the record I'm all for "The Ethical Treatment of Animals" but utterly opposed to "Animal rights".

IF you're foolish enough to take the world of an industry mouthpiece then you should give equal billing to PETA. Here's their side:

FYI, our local Humane Shelter puts down over 80% of the HEALTHY Pit Bulls it takes in as being unsuited for adoption. This isn't a deep and dark secret or hypocrisy. It's the facts of life in good old dog lovin' America.

(*edited - John, you can post the info, but please do not post links to Peta's site here - thanks - TimS)

Were seeing a lot more " False in advertisement " propaganda in today's world then we have ever seen in our lifetimes. Pita also believes that many lakes that have been stocked with trout should be stopped. They also believe we should kill natural predators, in many area's. Foxes among others are on their kill list. Out west we have groups like "Sustainable Delta" lead by the"dolphin group" that is actually funded by a multi billionaire agricultural giant that is in the business of stripping all fresh water from the delta and shipping it south so they can resell it at huge profits. It's Nazi propaganda at its worst.

And our corrupt Federal government is a big factor in a lot of this kind of crap.

DYK - Our public education system is being highjacked and privatized by hedge fund managers who buy politicians who will push for charter schools funded by tax payer dollars?

DYK- There is NO correlation between high tech gadgets in the classroom and student achievement, but politicians are forcing this stuff on our schools at tax payer expense because the Apples and Microsofts will fund their election campaigns in return?

I weep for the future of this country, and my children who will have to suffer the sodomy Congress will force on them.:(

How much more of a budget would they need in order to not euthanize any animals?

And what would they do with these animals if none were euthanized? And, as they said in their statement many of the animals are euthanized because they are sick and dying. It's why they were dumped or taken from their owners in the first place.

And what would they do with these animals if none were euthanized? And, as they said in their statement many of the animals are euthanized because they are sick and dying. It's why they were dumped or taken from their owners in the first place.

A lot of these nut jobs say to let them live out their lives no matter what. They say that Cats and dogs should all be free to roam without human interference. How long do you think they would survive on their own?

It's just a front for a money making scheme plain and simple.

A lot of these nut jobs say to let them live out their lives no matter what. They say that Cats and dogs should all be free to roam without human interference. How long do you think they would survive on their own?

It's just a front for a money making scheme plain and simple.

I've never heard of an organization that said animals should live out their lives "no matter what" or that cats and dogs should all be free to roam without human interference. And I don't know who would donate to such an organization which would make it a pretty poor money making scheme.

I've never heard of an organization that said animals should live out their lives "no matter what" or that cats and dogs should all be free to roam without human interference. And I don't know who would donate to such an organization which would make it a pretty poor money making scheme.

I've seen pamphlets from PETA with such things in it.

(*Edited - leave the personal stuff out please - TimS)