Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leatherface

Advice on a vice

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I am looking to start tying my own teasers and tail hooks. What vice would you recommend I start off with. Not sure how the pricin goes, but I want to be around the $75-$100 mark to start.

Thanks!

Bob

im not the most experienced one on the forum but i have a danvise and have had no problems. im in the same situation i use it for tying teasers and tailhooks and it works perfectly. if you want to tie buck tails as well ive had a 5 once bucktail in it with a 7/0 hook in it and it performed flawlessly. i have also heard good things about the anvil apex as being a good starter vise i dont have one but when i was looking i saw many people recommended them. hope this helps im sure others will chime in

Bob,

After years of trying and experimenting, I thing the best vice for the dollar is the Regal Vise: Easy to use, Just open the jaws, and let go......

Hold hooks nice and tight! 360 degree rotation, Pivot head, and lifetime warranty.

What more could you ask for!

Thanks,

Nick DelleDonne

www.TheEveningRise.com

Thanks a lot guys! Very helpful! I am hoping to pick all my supplies up through the summer and get to practicing more towards fall!

Ron was very helpful at the last Long Island Fall Fling and did a nic demonstration! I was amazed with some of his work. I figure it's a tad cheaper and a little easier to get a handle on than spinning plugs.

Bob

Thanks a lot guys! Very helpful! I am hoping to pick all my supplies up through the summer and get to practicing more towards fall!

Ron was very helpful at the last Long Island Fall Fling and did a nic demonstration! I was amazed with some of his work. I figure it's a tad cheaper and a little easier to get a handle on than spinning plugs.

Bob

Bob I may have something for you & would be glad to sit down with you anytime & help you out.

A Tag Cheaper? ) LOL You saw some of my materials I probably could buy a car with what I spent on materials. But I love it & it keeps me out of trouble.

I'll do another Demo at the Fling in May.....................Ron

Bob I may have something for you & would be glad to sit down with you anytime & help you out.

A Tag Cheaper? ) LOL You saw some of my materials I probably could buy a car with what I spent on materials. But I love it & it keeps me out of trouble.

I'll do another Demo at the Fling in May.....................Ron

That would be great, Ron! Let me know what you have.

I know.. I am in no position to talk cost when it comes to 2 things I have never done before. You do have some crazy stuff! :)

It's good to see you a little more active on here again and I look forward to the demo at the fling! I'll have an ice cold Land Shark waiting for ya!

:hi5:

I guess I'll start looking into the Anvil Apex. :th:

Def shop around. There are deals out there. It should not run you over $90. I tie small saltwater flys on it #3 all the way up to VMC siwash 7/0. Its good for bucktails too. You can really crank down on it if you have it clamped onto a bench.