Attention : Must see Video

Rate this topic

Yardguy71

The point is Ed .

Just because some Comm. fishermen may do something against the law DOESN'T mean a GOVERNMENT agency

payed for with our taxes , fines etc . can go and spend money on a damn pleasure craft .

If they want to levy fines against comm's , rec's etc because they break the law NO PROBLEM , I'm sure there are parameters

which say how much they can fine for each infraction . Much like the local PD , traffic court .

If you got pulled over by the cops for not wearing your seatbelt and was fined 30 grand for it .... I'm sure you would think it's unfair .

Then find out the Judges used the fine money to buy a Ferrari to cruise around in .

It's misappropriation of funds , no agency we pay for, should do it , It's not ethical .

Again I'm not saying the comm guys should not be fined for what they do wrong .

Understand it or not , I'm done here .

Brown dug this up to win favor with fisherman for an election year, to me that is his only angle on this issue. Barney Frank is not running and he had the comm support, now Brown is trying to win that voter base. The government is corrupt and mismanaged accross the board, this is not exclusive to NOAA. The money should be used to ease the tax burden that NOAA creates, not go back to the fisherman who commit the crime. If i get a speeding ticket, i dont expect to get that money back in special subsidized programs, it was my mistake and i own it. That being said, I agree fines should be fair and equitable, and should appropriately reflect the crime committed. I would hate to see this issue used to cut down enforcement on illegal fishing activities. The ocean and all its splendor is a common resource for all to share, not an endless supply of fish/resources for others to cash in on till it is gone (that goes for recs and comm). just my 2 cents

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

Eddie, lady Jane isn't working for us.. she doesn't even like us. If she has her way, we'll see catch shares for REC guys along with the comm's. She doesn't care about rec or commercial guys. The proof is in her past. Look it up if you want some "facts" Mr. Colombo. ;) I'm not sure why you keep referencing stripers forever because this has very very little to do with bass. More so scallopers and draggers etc.. I don't have a problem with fines issued when laws are broken. I'm not trying to defend poaching.If there was no wrong doing do you really think the government would have given money back to fisherman and apologized? It really goes a lot deeper than you think. There is some serious corruption going on and I'm not going to press 2 or leave.. or even turn a blind eye and say..they must have deserved it.Also as a veteran I'm pretty sure I have earned a spot in this country and I will exercise my First Amendment when I feel it needs to be. I wonder... do you tell people who bitch about the President to leave or press 2?

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."

-Thomas Paine

Let's face it, none of us know the secret handshake. I don't care if it's Scott Brown, or Barney Frank. None of them have our best interests in hand. They're in the club that we don't belong to.

"In RI there are clowns and serious people. You Matt, are in the serious people group." -RJ

SOCO Surfcasting

fishaholic, I for one would like to thank you for your past being a vet. I'm not sure when you came to the fork in the road and turned to the dark side with comrade brian...:p;) the reason I said stripersforever is this is a striperfishing website not a anti american bash the american worker site....I'm not sure if theres a scollops forever maybe you and brian can be the founders:p it is your american right to be anti goverment :D and yes I do surport the american president be him right or wrong. talk about jane do you guys know jane fonda:D;)

follower of rev Darryl Strawberry

fishaholic, I for one would like to thank you for your past being a vet. I'm not sure when you came to the fork in the road and turned to the dark side with comrade brian...:p;) the reason I said stripersforever is this is a striperfishing website not a anti american bash the american worker site....I'm not sure if theres a scollops forever maybe you and brian can be the founders:p it is your american right to be anti goverment :D and yes I do surport the american president be him right or wrong. talk about jane do you guys know jane fonda:D;)

Ed you need a hobby. Maybe you should be outside readying the Bloodbath? Come Spring, I don't wanna hear you crying about, I need to fix this,or I need to rig that...

:D

It wouldn't pay you more to walk on water,than to wear a crown of thorns,

It wouldn't pay me more to bury you rich,than to bury you poor...