Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striper Silly

van Staal 250

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone could recommend what rod to match with the VS250 reel for fishing the surf in NJ.  I have a VS150 with a century 9' rod for the jetties and I love it.  I am new to the striper fishing in NJ and primarily have fished ava 27's all last fall and had incredible success with them.  I'm interested in learning how to fish swimmers, poppers etc this coming spring.  I'm not quite sure how to navigate around this site and any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Thanks for replying.  I am hoping to go to Surf Day tomorrow in NJ, so I am going to process what ever information I get tonight and hopefully I will be able to pick up a rod tomorrow at the show.

Do you know if the prices are comparable?  I am looking forward to Surf Day tomorrow.  My brother and I went fishing  with Bill Wetzel in Montauk twice about 6 years ago and he was an excellent guide and the rest is history.  I am striper silly.  One more question.  You sent me a message and I tried to reply and I couldn't, so I had to go back to the thread to do so.  Are there any how to's on using this site?

Thanks again for the information.  I'm finding out the more I fish, read and talk, there is an enormous amount of information and knowledge to retain.  I guess that's all part of it and it keeps everything interesting.