Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blushin

Reynolds Racks Pictures and Setups

44 posts in this topic

hey guys, so there are numerous thread where people talk about there Reynolds Racks, im going to get my rack installed by gene in mid march but wanted to start a thread where people could posts their racks and setups for all to see.  one of the decisions im having a hard time with is deciding whether to get the 24" deep rack or the 30" deep rack.  im going with the 60"wide rack which will fit perfectly right between my headlights and not block them for night driving.

i will post up pictures of my rack as soon as i get it installed.

please post up pictures of your rack and setup with coolers or rods and what you normally carry.

thanks

phill

get the 30.... i can hitch a ride on the front...:D

in all seriousness, you can fit a larger cooler sideways in a 30... sometimes having one big one isnt the best idea, 3 mediums would be better.

im leaning towards the 30 as the numbers are for the outside dimensions,  originally i wanted to have 1 larger cooler for fish, 1 med cooler for beer and drinks and 1 medium cooler for bait, that being said, having 1 large cooler and a secondary cooler, would allow me to also have my tacklebox up front.

I don't quite understand why everyone has the cooler racks on the front...right next to the radiator! I like my cooler on the back, rack plugs into the 2" receiver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckyOC View Post

if your afraid that your going to overheat with a rack on the front... you need to get a new truck...

haha agreed, the racks are not sitting on the radiator, nor do the new trucks produce enough heat to effect anything on the rack, the racks sit about 2 inches away from the bumper, theres plenty of airflow to keep things cool, even on the warmest summer days.

I'm not afraid of overheating I just like the cooler and junk to be in the back as opposed to the front....just wondering why everyone seems to pick the front? Does everyone go that route because of tailgate/hatch access?? I use my jeep xj cherokee. I just access stuff from the back rear passenger doors most of the time as well.

Just wondering is all :)

i would say that is definitely one of the reasons, on my 4 runner there is a tailgate and also on my tundra. i wouldnt be able to put the tailgate down on either if i had the rack on the back, i also like being able to see what i have attached to my truck versus having something trail me, also another reason could be safety for your gear.  your rods are less likely to get messed up if you get rearended if they are up front.  ie, you are in control of whats in front of you versus, having someone run into you from behind. another reason is i like to pull straight in when on the beach, this allows me to have everything close rather than having to back into a spot. i guess its all person preference and the type of vehicle you choose to drive.

This first pic is my new 04,before Gene put my new rack on the front.You can see what a pain in the butt the rear mount is for a pick-up.

[img=

This is the new rack,the 24",mounted

p><p>  <a href=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3179284/width/600/height/546' alt='546'>

The biggest reason is access.If it`s on the rear,you can`t drop the tail gate and there`s no rear doors to get at your gear.It just makes more sense for pick-ups.

Go big.You`ll never regret it.

how do you like the 24"?  how big is that cooler you have on their in the last picture? could you fit another cooler next to it, the reason i ask, is because the only things i will be carrying on the rack is coolers and tackle box and rods i dont need to put anything else up there as i have the bed of my truck

I'm not afraid of overheating I just like the cooler and junk to be in the back as opposed to the front....just wondering why everyone seems to pick the front? Does everyone go that route because of tailgate/hatch access?? I use my jeep xj cherokee. I just access stuff from the back rear passenger doors most of the time as well.

Just wondering is all :)

How much sand and dirt do your back tires kick up?

Get the biggest rack you can..  On my Jeep JK i drive with my Reynolds rack 2 1/2 hours with all my junk and never have an overheating problem.  I prefer the rack on the front cuz i can throw my waders, wet stuff, and everything else in the back on my rubber liners without getting anything wet.  keeps the kids car seats dry too.  They like it that way.  

See how low it sits on your truck.  Gene could always lower it for you if needed.

I like to keep the back open for everything besides fishing stuff (beer, drinks, extra folks, good times, etc..I like my beer bunker free)

just for some reference, this is going on my tundra crewmax, that being said, ive got plenty of room in the bed for other stuff. the rack is strictly going to be used for rods, cooler, and tackle.  im not sure if i really need a 120 cooler, ive never used one that big in the past and i dont see why i should start now.  may go with 2 smaller coolers or some other combination