Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nightblitz

Echo fly rods

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

just wanted to put the word out there for anyone looking to buy a new saltwater fly rod. check out the echo ion series, they hit the nail on the head with this, the thing is bomb proof, durable as hell, and cast great, they have a faster action which really helps casting when its windy. these are fish fighting machines, built with beatings in mind. you can really put the stick to the fish to turn him if needed without worrying about blowing up your rod, granted you should fight the fish with your drag as much as possible but when you need to get em away from rocks or structure or just plain lift if your in a boat, this is the rod. i even had it out wetsuiting rock hoppin in montauk and this thing blew me away at how it performed. caught alot of stripers on this thing noworries.

2nd season, the only thing i would have done is get a 9 footer the ten is a little taxing to cast, i am thinking about bumping up to a 10 weight also. just something to get a little extra oomph in my casts on windy days

2nd season, the only thing i would have done is get a 9 footer the ten is a little taxing to cast, i am thinking about bumping up to a 10 weight also. just something to get a little extra oomph in my casts on windy days

Thats pretty good. I also find 10 foot rods a little too much for my wrist. Much harder to lock the wrist. The 9 foot 10 wt should help in M in the fall for you when that ole wind is howling around our ears. Its good to know your rod can take the knocks. I wet suit mine to and it is amazing just how tough they are. Maybe we might spot each other this year?

Mike

ill be up there sometime in just and deffinately in early to mid october so we may run into each other, not many other people wetsuit with fly rods up there from what ive seen