Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bac0701

Scotty rod extenders in a revo

15 posts in this topic

i mounted a flush mount scotty on my revo on the right side footwell (closest one) ends up if i wanted to leave a rod in there and troll som on the longer butts hit the drive. anyone use those scotty extenders? i hate having a ton of stuff on the deck ie a bunch of connectors to make it fit better. thinking maybe a mini extender if not the 429 one. anybody have that set up? with a pic possiby

I did the same thing and used a Scotty #259 extension and Cabela's quickdraw. A 13"-15" rod butt clears, perhaps longer butts will work too. The quick draw makes release easier on a hit when pointed out 90 degrees for trolling.

Unfortunately not as I'm on the road for the next week. Dwbuzzard from Nekf showed me the idea. See if you can hit him up for a pic. It may also come up on Google: hobie revolution Cabelas quickdraw

Ram Tube. RAP-119. I like the fully articulating ball mount and I like that the rod buts stay out of the way. I also like that when I get a strike the rod holder swings back a little and I can sweep and set in two quick steps.

Ram Tube. RAP-119. I like the fully articulating ball mount and I like that the rod buts stay out of the way. I also like that when I get a strike the rod holder swings back a little and I can sweep and set in two quick steps.

As simple as the Ram tube is, it's still my favorite rod holder. I've still got my original aluminum tube. You also get an audible alert as the tube swings back a little and the rubber squeaks against the aluminum. Sometimes that can be a real wake-up call when I'm yapping with someone or not paying attention.

I like the ram aluminum tube behind the seat as well. I still have no corrosion on my tube but the round ball crumbled. I still can't figure out how that happened until I pull it.

Old school Ram Tube. :)

PB290185.jpg

The new ones are better and YES all my RAM balls corrode. I just replaced all mine. I am not a fan of the scotty mount as it ratchets as opposed to full articulation of the ball.