Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aladormax

Catching the blues

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hey all I was just wondering about when the bluefish start going up the cost to south jersey. Any help with bait and lures to use is also appreciated even though I know they are not picky.

I normally start around mid April in NOMOCO. In order to get to the train statiion, I have to go over a bridge and normally I can see bait early in the morning. for me I love fishing the cheapest top water plugs i can get or have left over from the year before. I found cordel cotton pencils work great. I change out the hooks to Siwash (single) and have found the more violent the thrashing - the more violent the blues blow them up. color doesn't matter and I have one that has almost no color left and still works great.

I just noticed you are looking for out front advice and not in the back bays (where I normally fish for blues). out front I use an old gibbs pencil with the hooks removed and single in the back. Again color doesn't matter. Same time frame. Around mid April.

I agree on the water temp mentioned.  I toss metals at them and just have a blast.  Your right in that they are not picky but for some reason they seem to kill my Blue/Silver Acme Kastmaster more then anything else.