Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Government schooling is a bad idea (for a free people. Soviets? Pretty good idea)

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Remember Alan Keyes?  He was this half crazy college professor who ran against Barak in Illinois.  I heard one sane, coherent thought from this guy and it lives in my computer.  Read:

Quote:

"Do we really think that a government-dominated education is going to  produce citizens capable of dominating their government, as the education of  a truly vigilant self-governing people requires?"

More evidence.  Obama operatives are "paying" students with work and grades they did not earn in order to further the government's anti liberty, anti individual agenda.  (Cue Captain Reneault).  Read more:

Quote:

Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 4:19 PM

It’s an Obama world.

laretta-harper.jpg

In November 2011 Loretta Harper was awarded All Star of the Week for her dedication to the Obama Campaign.

Today Loretta Harper of Las Vegas was named a national co-chair of the Obama 2012 Campaign.

The Obama campaign appreciates her hard work.

Part of that work includes giving high school students credits for volunteering for democrat campaigns.

Write on Nevada reported:

We’ve had public schools teaching kids to literally sing President Obama’s praises, so why not take a more direct route and put those kids to work?

Loretta Harper of Las Vegas is a newly named national co-chair of President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign. …

Harper, 58, is a counselor at Desert Pines High School. She’s also a member of the Board of Directors of the Nevada State Educators Association.

During the 2008 Obama campaign, when he won Nevada on his way to the presidency,
Harper said she got more than 100 students extra credit when they volunteered to help elect the Democrat
. (Emphasis added.)

No word on if Harper, who makes $74,000 a year plus benefits, plans to expand outreach “efforts” like this nationwide now that she’s a co-chair of Obama’s re-election campaign, but if you’ve got ”free labor” available, why not take advantage?

As Write on Nevada clarified in their post, Harper gave students credit not extra credit for volunteering for democrats

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/02/obama-campaign-national-co-chair-gave-students-credits-for-volunteering-to-elect-democrats/

This is wrong.  This is evil.  I am more than willing to throw this baby out with the bathwater.  Hell the baby is coated in the bathwater

My wife saves lives medically and earns half of this Demo operative (oops... I mean teacher) salary.

I think someone needs to be asked to do her fair share. Something is not equitable here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little View Post

Remember Alan Keyes?  He was this half crazy college professor who ran against Barak in Illinois.  I heard one sane, coherent thought from this guy and it lives in my computer.  Read:

so what percentage of our Government was educated in a "Government" school?

and what percentage comes from private schooling?

If your (Keyes) theory is correct,

we should have a strong majority of private schooled politicians who are working to create a servant caste in the public schools.

yes?

so what percentage of our Government was educated in a "Government" school?

and what percentage comes from private schooling?

If your (Keyes) theory is correct,

we should have a strong majority of private schooled politicians who are working to create a servant caste in the public schools.

yes?

Your words in no way follow from what Keyes said.

Another attempt at setting up a strawman.

lets go review the good old 10 pillars of communism, shall we?

"10. Free education fοr аƖƖ children іח public schools. Abolition οf children’s factory labor іח іtѕ present form. Combination οf education wіtһ industrial production, etc."

gee how abot that.............that Marx guy was right on top on that one, if ya want the sheep to accept anything thier govt does tot hem......then indocrtrinate......er I mean educate them in governnment schools.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamlet View Post

Your words in no way follow from what Keyes said.

Another attempt at setting up a strawman.

um,

I know I am not PARROTING his words,

I am extrapolating from them,

If the school exists to create subservient citizens,

then we shouldn't expect leaders to come from the public schools.......

while that's not what he said,

it should be a logical outcome IF he is correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John M View Post

"10. Free education fοr аƖƖ children іח public schools. Abolition οf children’s factory labor іח іtѕ present form. Combination οf education wіtһ industrial production, etc."

gee how abot that.............that Marx guy was right on top on that one, if ya want the sheep to accept anything thier govt does tot hem......then indocrtrinate......er I mean educate them in governnment schools.

if only poor people knew their place,

right John?

um,

I know I am not PARROTING his words,

I am extrapolating from them,

If the school exists to create subservient citizens,

then we shouldn't expect leaders to come from the public schools.......

while that's not what he said,

it should be a logical outcome IF he is correct.

"follow" (my word) is not "parrot" (your word)... pay attention.

As I said, your extrapolation is not supported by the statement. It is merely you putting words in Alan Keyes mouth.

dude,

you are being dense.

he is saying that a government school won't produce people capable of dominating their government,

they won't be vigilant and self governing,

that's what he said... correct?

a simple yes or no will suffice,

extropolate if you feel up to it.

Dude, once again, you can look up the data you demand.

And, if (as we have it) the government is dominating the people, I would NOT expect to find the Congress to be private schooled... I would expect them to be the product of government schools.

Now THAT follows.

Oh, OK here's the data you wont look up for yourself.

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/library/chart-graph/where-members-congress-went-school

20% of the 111th congress was private schooled. This is compared to 11% for the general population.

Do your own homework if you are truly not trolling.

Quote:

Dude, once again, you can look up the data you demand.

And, if (as we have it) the government is dominating the people, I would NOT expect to find the Congress to be private schooled... I would expect them to be the product of government schools.

your conclusion doesn't match the premise.

IF Government is filled with people who were educated in Public Schools.

then it stands to reason that the premise is WRONG,

and that such schools ARE producing people who are dominating the Government.

you do admit that part of being SELF GOVERNING is being in Government...... right?

that part of DOMINATING Government is having a leadership role in Government..... right?

Keye's premise is that government schools create sheep to be led (do you agree with that interpretation?)

well sheep don't lead.....

if he was right, the leaders would come from OTHER sources, IE private school.

Quote:

20% of the 111th congress was private schooled. This is compared to 11% for the general population.

Do your own homework if you are truly not trolling.

ahhhhh,

ok,

see this is interesting.....

not sure where you looked this factoid up,

but is there any statistics on the income of the family members of congress were raised in?

the 20% private school stat might be based on any number of factors,

but I tend to think that wealth is likely the strongest factor.

So do a high percentage of our leaders come from wealth?

If most people want fiscal responsibility and the congress/admininstration won't do it, the people are being dominated by the government.

If most people dont want a government take over of health care and the congress/administration does it anyway, the people are being dominated.

If most people are tired of war and PBO starts another one, and threatens even another, the people are being dominated.

If most people was energy independence and obvious ways to achieve it are squashed by PBO, the people are being dominated.

Im out of this one... you and I dont agree on the definition of words, and in most cases you see things completely opposite of me.

I am not interested in trying to get you to see the obvious.

Apparently we've been trying to become a communist state for 200 years then!

Quote:

If most people want fiscal responsibility and the congress/admininstration won't do it,

well there you go,

there seems to be a HUGE difference between what people claim they want,

and what they will vote for.

right wingers pay lip service to fiscal responsibility,

but for 3 decades now have voted for people who will cut taxes, and borrow the shortfall.....

words don't matter,

votes do.