Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Mad Deckhand

Why I'm now a Tim Tebow fan!

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Tim Tebow ignores Brady Quinn’s slights while serving as dream date for 9-year-old

One thing that I will always respect and admire is people looking out for children in need. Tim is a fantastic human - anyone who wastes time bitching about him praying is a dick......seriously.

:mad:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/tim-tebow-ignores-brady-quinn-slights-while-serving-175513950.html

In recent days, comments putting Tim Tebow under friendly fire were released, with Broncos backup quarterback Brady Quinn, questioning Tebow's public displays of faith in an interview with Yahoo! Sports' own Michael Silver (and then swiftly apologizing for those very comments). So many have wondered why Tebow didn't speak up about the scathing commentary from a teammate. It turns out there's a good reason for that: He was preoccupied fulfilling the dream of a 9-year-old with a severe tumor disorder.

As reported by Denver Fox affiliate KDVR, Tebow's Wish 15 Foundation stepped in to offer now 10-year-old Parker, Colo., resident Presli Collins (she turned 10 on Tuesday) a chance to be Tebow's date to the 2012 Cartoon Network "Hall of Game" awards in Los Angeles.

Presli Collins suffers from a rare condition called Neurofibromatosis-1, an inherited tumor disorder in which tumors can grow under a patient's skin and form in nerves that extend from the brain and spinal cord.

As it turns out, Collins and her father were invited to the Cartoon Network awards first after the TV station learned of her condition, but when Tebow learned the Parker youngster was a huge fan, he offered to accompany the tyke and serve as her first official date. Unsurprisingly, Collins was more than a bit excited to accept the invitation.

"[Attending the awards with Tebow was] very, very, very exciting," Collins told KDVR. "[Tebow] was a thousand times nicer than you think he is."

By stepping forward to chaperone a youngster in need, Tebow also served to highlight the differences between himself and some of his teammates. While disparaging comments from Quinn were hitting the airwaves, Tebow was quietly spending his own free time doing something for a child he had never met, helping to distract her from the strange medical condition which afflicts her and which can become severely degenerative.

As if he needed to, Tebow capped off the night -- in which he also introduced Collins to a number of other professional athletes, including Shaquille O'Neal -- with the classiest line available.

"Thank you for being an amazing date," Presli said with a wide smile.

No matter who else steps forward to try and attack Tebow's ability or prospects of future NFL success, no one can take away his penchant for class in charity work, or what it means to those who receive his time and aid.

"I can't even express how grateful we are for the opportunity she's had [and] the joy she's had," Collins' mother, Lisa Collins, told KDVR. "My husband last night said that the whole weekend he's never seen her smile and be as happy as she was."

Face it the man is a genuine nice person. He turns the other cheek when he is struck and moves on. It's sad they we criticise someone who is trying to do good. Maybe he's a little overboard with his religious expression but I think the was one of the founding principles of this country. (Freedom of Religion) He doesn't want to be put on a pedistool he just wants to be himself. You have admire someone who has his energy and ability to use what he has to the max. I pray that he can keep himself on the straight and narrow. Our kids need a good man to look up to who isn't all about the money and the fame.

There was a great interview with Tebow on the golf channels "Flerety" it change my opinion of what drives him. The football is secondary in my opinion?

It was filmed in Indy during super bowl weekend

My only problem with Tebow wasnt really with him, it was with the press that kept fueling the hype train following him. The guy is a great athlete, great competitor, and a great human being, but as of right now a great QB he is not. This young girl is going through so much and for him to do this will give her a warm/ happy memory to hold onto and remember when times get tough for her. Good for him! I cant imagine a ignorant ******bag like T-Fizzle doing something like this unless his agent set it up to soften his public image.

Face it the man is a genuine nice person. He turns the other cheek when he is struck and moves on. .

I wish I could, my ego is too big. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugeDinghy View Post

great person. bad QB.

Great person, good QBcwm15.gif, bad organization.

John Elway's ego and jealousy won't let him say a good thing about Tebow.

TT could go undefeated and win the frickin Super Bowl for the Broncos. and Elway would still be badmouthing him.

Elway has issues.