Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
powderhorn

favorite most durable waders

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

None are best suited for the surf, read as SALT WATER & SAND & ROCKS. Which is why LL Bean is my choice. NO QUESTIONS ASKED warranty for when, not if, they start to leak.

[spoiler=Warning: Spoiler!]

Need to replace mine and last couple had leak problems, which are best suited for the surf?

Cabelas guide tech stocking foot waders, had them 2 seasons not one leak, built very well, I beat the Hell out of em and couldn't kill them. Great product. Reasonably priced around 250$, well worth it.

Neoprenes seem to be the most durable but you need the comfort of breathables when it gets hot. I haven't heard any rumblings of a set of breathables that are considered long term durable yet. LL Bean & Cabela's are always mentioned for the obvious warranty advantages, probably the best advice is to worry about lowering the replacement costs.

Cabelas "Warrior" Waders :th:

made of some really tough nylon.. with a brathable top half.. built like a tank.. the olny thing that killed it was a metal rod stuk in the water that I stepped on that made it through the bootfoot "ouch":shock:

But the waders were like indestructable.. padded knees butt etc.