Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hamlet

This cannot be said enough...

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

Of course we keep saying it, but we have to keep saying it until someone wakes up.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/19/chart-of-the-week-nearly-half-of-all-americans-dont-pay-income-taxes/

In 1984, only 15% of American workers paid no Federal Income Tax.

Now, 49.5% pay NO Federal Income Tax.

This is IRS data... nothing partisan about it.

PBO can take his "do their fair share" and stuff it.

I agree, there is nothing partisan about it, and you'll note that the number of workers who paid no income tax skyrocketed during the Bush administration, likely due to the oft-mentioned "Bush Tax Cuts".

Spending on the whole is too high for revenues, and revenues are too high for the economy to bear. Then there's the issue about the "attack on the middle class from the bottom", in which the discretionary income of unskilled and low-skilled workers is not too much lower than that of people with hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt and years of hard work in achieving their doctorates due to housing subsidies, food stamps, and the apparent unwillingness of politicians to consider that, for example, living in New York City costs more than 50% more than living in Tucson, AZ.

The whole system is messed up, and the more centralized it becomes, the more screwed up it will be.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

The "Bush Tax Cuts" were reductions in rates on all brackets. Top bracket went from 39.5% to 35%. That 4% drop on "millionaires" did not leave people paying no income taxes.

People drop out of paying when the brackets widen at the bottom, and this happens when the Feds start giving out "tax credits" for all sorts of stuff. Bought new green windows? Get a tax credit. Bought the right car? Get a tax credit. Paying college tuition and you are not a "millionaire" ? Get a tax credit.

The child credit went from $500 to $1000 so some people vanished from the tax paying rolls there, those in the bottom bracket raising kids.

This is, as you noted, how we are all getting equalized. Some work their butts off and have the same to spend when the smoke clears as those who earn far less, because the Feds hand out cash in the form of taxes owed (according to rates and brackets) but forgiven for all sorts of political reasons.

The "Bush Tax Cuts" on 2003 were about capital gains, estate taxes rates, etc. and not Income Tax.

I think this is a HUGE issue.

think about it,

that's a LOT of people who don't make enough money to pay Income Taxes.

that's the issue to me.

the increasing unemployment and underemployment due to the Global Economy that Right Wingers are so fond of.

We are slitting out throats, and they have the gall to complain that people are bleeding on their expensive rugs.

the issue is jobs,

and the problem is we have been shipping them overseas,

so CEOs and the rest of the 1% can make an even greater profit margin.

it's shamefull.

I think this is a HUGE issue.

think about it,

that's a LOT of people who don't make enough money to pay Income Taxes.

that's the issue to me.

the increasing unemployment and underemployment due to the Global Economy that Right Wingers are so fond of.

We are slitting out throats, and they have the gall to complain that people are bleeding on their expensive rugs.

the issue is jobs,

and the problem is we have been shipping them overseas,

so CEOs and the rest of the 1% can make an even greater profit margin.

it's shamefull.

You are clueless Bro.

this si what the lefties want..... a permanant voting block who will keep voting them in to keep the goodies flowing thier way while they watch jerry springer.

guys this was always the dream, startign with SS.....slwoly get people to depend on govt and not themselves.........

actually that's NOT what I want John,

I want Americans to have good jobs,

and to be ABLE to pay their taxes......

I just get frusterated when right wingers favor policies which lead to the loss of jobs,

then get their rocks off kicking people who are suffering from the economy they created.

actually that's NOT what I want John,

I want Americans to have good jobs,

and to be ABLE to pay their taxes......

I just get frusterated when right wingers favor policies which lead to the loss of jobs,

then get their rocks off kicking people who are suffering from the economy they created.

It's all about corporate profits. Working class Americans can go screw...

I get frusterated when lefties tax and regualte jobs out of the country so they can create more dependence on govt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John M View Post

I get frusterated when lefties tax and regualte jobs out of the country so they can create more dependence on govt.

that translates to "If only you lefties would allow US Productive People to operate their businesses under the conditions that exist in China, we would stay".

If only we let companies pollute the water and hire kids then they wouldn't have to leave, right John?

that translates to "If only you lefties would allow US Productive People to operate their businesses under the conditions that exist in China, we would stay".

If only we let companies pollute the water and hire kids then they wouldn't have to leave, right John?

nope but thats ok you always overstate things. going to the emotional knee jerk liberal arguements.....but but but but the.......

have fun with you crumbling economy and country, you deserve it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John M View Post

nope but thats ok you always overstate things. going to the emotional knee jerk liberal arguements.....but but but but the.......

have fun with you crumbling economy and country, you deserve it.

Only because you run from specifics......

you like to lament Government regulations, but you get real dodgey when confronted about which ones need to be overturned.

face it John,

we have a high cost of living in the states,

American workers can't afford to work for a Chinese wage rate.

so no matter how much we bend over and take it, we won't compete with the costs of manufacturing in China or other Third world environments.

despite all the talk of freedom and liberty,

right wing businessmen know you can't beat having an oppressed work force.

whatever you say frank, just keep tellin me what im for ;) and ill keep telling you what your for loll Im not dodgey but that sok .........keep heaping regs and taxes on and wonder why jobs leave........if not mystery to me why they leave, but it seems to be one to you.

have fun with your economy wreckin polices.......:)

im