Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rollcast

So I just got my first air brush

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

A good friend of mine had an air brush kit laying around so he gave it to me. It's a Badger 150 pro gift set, probably 20 years old and only used twice. Well I have to buy him lunch but I think I'll do that and hook him up with a few pints of Lost Abbey brew.......What I'll be doing with it is mostly repaints and spraying some lure kits I had laying around. I do have a Grizzly mini lathe but haven't had a chance to set my garage up yet. What I want to know is what type of paints should I buy, what type of cleaner I should get for the air brush and what type of clear coat should I use.

Also does anyone use the Central Pneumatics AB compressor , looks to be ok for just starting out but looking for feedback on it. I have a 25 gallon compressor but that would be an over kill... Thanks, rollcast

Nice score!

I use a number of paints, createx are the easiest to find, Golden has a far superior product in my opinion. The 25 gallon compressor should work fine as long as you can adjust the pressure. Get an inline moisture trap, and practice thinning your paints (strech an old nylon over the paint spout and put the lid back on, this will filter any paint buggers), it will save you a LOT of headaches! as far as a cleaner,I use a home brew of window cleaner (ammonia free),Isopropal alcohol and distilled water for the brush, simple green cut with distilled water and isopropal alcohol.

I use Envirotex light for a clear coat search the forum, a ton of great information on these topics. Good luck with the new brush.

MS

Nice!! I bought a badger too. I use the Central Pneumatics compressor but not sure which one. It's the small cheap one from Harbor Freight. Works fine. The only thing I am looking at now is adding a regulator. I don't think mine has one on it and I would like to be able to turn the pressure down for some detail attempts!

Enjoy!