Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shag

Kinda quiet around here, need a new best friend.

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Lost my best friend back on August first 2011 a yellow lab named Puka 9 years young to cancer. He was playing with the kids next door came in and had a stroke like episode, held him all night, but we knew what the morning would bring. Of the three Labs we had through our marriage the loss of this one as been the toughest. The kids are grown now. So we're at the point where we need to hear those slip sliding paws across the wooden floors and that waging whipike tail swashing across tables and coffee cups. We're looking for a yellow male, more to the English looks, temperment and longevity are what we need. Anyone with some recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks,

Pete

try the North Shore Animal League...there are so many animals that need a good home...

we got a lab there and although he wasn't a purebred he brings us just as much joy

as a pedigree to could ever!

Man brings a tear to my eyes, had to give up my lab when my daughter was born, my wifes says he nipped her. So I found an older couple who were customers at the pharmacy, the wife stopped at the house one time to pick up a prescription because they forgot to pick it up before we closed. My dog made a huge fuss over her and her husband and every time she came in she talked about him. Since I knew we had to part with him I asked her if she would take him. She was so happy and excited it made me feel good about giving him up. The lady died 2 years later and her husband would always come in and give me the update on his latest chirades. Appollo use to love for me to roll a tire down hill, he would chase it and put his head through and come back wearing it like a life preserver. He also loved the water and I would throw his ball in the pond until my arms were sore. Man I miss my dog...................................I feel for ya man.

I lost my yellow 5 yrs ago and the next day I got my Molly (yellow). I could not be without a pal. You are not being disloyal or feel less sorrowful by getting another dog, you are getting a friend to help you thru the greiving period and to develop a new "best friend".

My daughter and I got our labs from a girl in Northern NJ. It is just a little more than what a rescue charges.If you want an name &email address, PM me.

Mike

I'm really sorry that I happened to read this thread because it brought the tears to my eyes.  Losing your "fur baby" is as if you lost a member of the family.  They'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Please do consider a rescue dog from a shelter.  Perhaps better not to get the same breed, but you will have to decide that for yourself.  I'm a cat person, because having a dog is like having another kid...wink.gif  IMHO, but where I work, for "Upgrade Your Gear Sale", we've had the Delaware County SPCA come in with some animals.  If you made a $10 donation you got a percentage off your purchase that day.  Sorry to digress, but I wanted so much to bring home the cat they had, and the dog was  just darling and so friendly.  Volunteers foster and socialize the animals.  Well, you get the idea...

Good luck and I hope you'll let us know what you finally decide.   smile.gif

We got some good news yesterday the breeder we've been in touch with told us ""there are puppies in the oven" that's code for the bitch is pregnant, that didn't sound right either. Anyway the litter should be here around the middle of April. With some luck we'll have a yellow menace slip sliding around these quiet wooden floors. We're not ruling out a rescue after we get this guy established, thanks for all the kind words and good thoughts.

Pete