Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FoliFish

New Shimano Sustain FG conversion to Manual Bail

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Attached are schematics for the reel. Could I just remove the Bail Trip Lever (part # 12609), or do I have to go the whole distance and remove the Bail Trip Strike (#12617). I know over in the Ditch Trolls Forum there is a tutorial for this conversion on the StellaSW. Really don't want to go that far if I don't have to (mostly because I don't trust myself).

Any Shimano experts lurking??

Couldn't attach the pdf without "permission" :scared:

If you click on the image, it zooms in pretty nicely.

Thanks!!!!

Well, I chickened out!!! After talking with a fellow member, and looking back at some old posts I decided to try it out. I got to the point pictured below and hit the panic button. Put it back together and said eff it. Anyone know of a shop that might want to go at this???

If anyone else has/getting one here is what you'll see. I realized I would have to remove the entire gray assembly to access the small screw that is circled. I looked in a hole and saw all sorts of springs and other stuff that looked like they might have to be realigned..forget it :scared:

I will say I'm fairly impressed by what I see so far. We'll see how it performs this Spring. (this is the 10K size BTW).

In case anyone gives a flying F, I hiked up the skirt and dove in (after a close review of the spec sheets and reel itself). The Grey assembly (clutch assembly) came off in one easy-to-reinstall piece. After that it was pretty straight forward following the directions for the same operation on the Stella SW posted in the Ditch Trolls Forum.

Peace Out!!