Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian

Hunting Forum

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

See- if we had a hunting forum, I could ask a serious question about a used shotgun I saw yesterday that had Sears and Roebuck markings on it.

Sear & Robuck shotguns tend to be very utilitarian, inexpensive, bare bones shotguns. There's nothing wrong with that, but know that you're not getting a collectors item. If memory serves, they may have been made by Stevens.

Perfectly adequate for a beater shotgun. They go 'bang' when you pull the trigger.

Given my druthers, I'd very much like to see a Hunting/Firearms sub forum. So, +1.

Sear & Robuck shotguns tend to be very utilitarian, inexpensive, bare bones shotguns. There's nothing wrong with that, but know that you're not getting a collectors item. If memory serves, they may have been made by Stevens.

I think S-R shotguns might also have been made by J.C. Higgins.

My friend has a J. C. Higgins 12 gauge pump w/ a steel receiver.

It has an adjustable choke that I think is not OEM.

What is the age and value of a JC Higgins shotgun

Answer The J.C. Higgins trade name was used by Sears, Roebuck & Company of Chicago from 1946 to 1962 on firearms and other sporting goods. Arms bearing this …

wiki.answers.

Roadrunner: Given my druthers, I'd very much like to see a Hunting/Firearms sub forum. So, +1.

+1.

I think S-R shotguns might also have been made by J.C. Higgins.

My friend has a J. C. Higgins 12 gauge pump w/ a steel receiver.

It has an adjustable choke that I think is not OEM.

What is the age and value of a JC Higgins shotgun

Answer The J.C. Higgins trade name was used by Sears, Roebuck & Company of Chicago from 1946 to 1962 on firearms and other sporting goods. Arms bearing this …

wiki.answers.

Most Sears Roebuck, JC Higgins, Ted Williams, etc marked shotguns were made by Savage Arms Co

:v:

Most Sears Roebuck, JC Higgins, Ted Williams, etc marked shotguns were made by Savage Arms Co

:v:

And, if I'm not mistaken, Stevens was a subsidiary of Savage Firearms. (Savage originally being in Utica, NY; Stevens, in MA, I believe, was bought by Savage in the 1920's.)

Speaking of hunting:

I killed a gopher ~ 1 hour ago w/ my Savage Mark II .22 LR rifle.

It's stainless w/ a synthetic stock and AccuTrigger.

I like the OEM open sights.

:love: That rifle :love:

Stevens Arms right in downtown Chicopee MA . Rumor has it that more than a few guns went ou a window lashed to a board and picked up later down river from the factory.

Speaking of hunting:

I killed a gopher ~ 1 hour ago w/ my Savage Mark II .22 LR rifle.

It's stainless w/ a synthetic stock and AccuTrigger.

I like the OEM open sights.

:love: That rifle :love:

Yes, you do seem to love your Savage(s). Your expertise & advise on these rifles does not go unnoticed, or unappreciated. :clap: I still have an unfilled yetch for a turn bolt, and while I might prefer the Sako TRG-22, the Savage Tactical is nearly as good, for about a quarter of the price. That appeals to the cheapskate in me. ;)

I have a Savage 99C in .308 Winchester, that I absolutely adore. :love:

Yes, you do seem to love your Savage(s). Your expertise & advise on these rifles does not go unnoticed, or unappreciated. :clap: I still have an unfilled yetch for a turn bolt, and while I might prefer the Sako TRG-22, the Savage Tactical is nearly as good, for about a quarter of the price. That appeals to the cheapskate in me. ;)

I have a Savage 99C in .308 Winchester, that I absolutely adore. :love:

I've got 2 Savage .308s and my .22 LR.

All have AccuTriggers.

I was gonna get the top-shelf Sako.

But I don't need it.

The .308 Savages will do what I need them to do.

I like the Savage's utilitarian look.

I have a Ted Williams Semi I bought when I was a kid. I don't do a damn thing to keep it up and it goes bang every time I pull the trigger. I've had the gun over 30 years.

I have a Ted Williams Semi I bought when I was a kid. I don't do a damn thing to keep it up and it goes bang every time I pull the trigger. I've had the gun over 30 years.

:th:

Actually, I think Sears shotguns were bid out every couple of years- some years Savage did them, other years it was Winchester, and some years Japanese companies.