Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shag

Looks like I got hacked help

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I got a new IPad for Christmas And I've been using it instead of my computer something has gotten control of my contacts list and is sending everyone emails from me. Help what do I do first?

gotta get a virus thing to clean it out, which is going to be difficult, since they don't make virus crap for apples.

#1 reason to not believe apple is a better product.

Hacking software is just like ad-ware and spyware, have to use some similar type of program to remove it.

Who do you have your e-mail account with? Is it on your system or are you using a gmail, hotmail or yahoo account?

Yahoo. Just changed the password and nothing has been sent for a while. I think.

I doubt it was an Ipad related issue on your end Pete. Someone more than likely got thru yahoo, or your main PC.hopefully youve got it settled. Like another post mentioned, not many hacks bother with apple products. Love mah Pad! Except for having to use PB for uploads to here.

I hear ya Mike. We had some security issues with the main PC. I thought we had them resolved, but appears not. I just unplugged it and turned it off. I'm on the laptop now. I loved the pad for e-mails and surfing,but I miss my favorite sites that use flash to play a live cam of Coopers Beach in Southampton, and my East End Radio Station Wehm. So I'm stuck with constant streaming Pandora.

Nothing was sent today.

Pete

This is a pretty common hack - someone figures out your yahoo/hotmail/gmail/etc. email account password, then sets the account to spew spam as fast as it can until you change the password. Best defense is a strong password and to change it every once in a while (happened to me a couple of years ago - moved to a much stronger password and no problems since).