Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
getsome

Danny Suggestions

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

I am looking to add some Dannys to my bag this spring. I have an area in mind that has a moderate current and is very shallow. Any suggestions for a smaller size Danny that stays on the surface and leaves a nice V-wake?

Choopy has a new small danny out that I am dying to get my hands on. They are 1 1/4 ozs. However, if you want one to stay on the surface, look at the Choopy 1 1/2 oz swimmer. He doesn't call it a "danny" but it looks and works like one

check out "Choopys" dannys

Choopy has a new small danny out that I am dying to get my hands on. They are 1 1/4 ozs. However, if you want one to stay on the surface, look at the Choopy 1 1/2 oz swimmer. He doesn't call it a "danny" but it looks and works like one

I was talking to Charlie the other day and he is really excited to get that new 1 1/4oz out into the fishermen's hands, he will have them in less then two weeks available at the Berkeley Striper Club Fishing Flea Mkt on March 4th Seaside Hgts.. NJ

Also Billy Riker from RuRu Lures will also be there that day.....

GetSome, it might be worth the ride down from LI ;)

Steve

I like the eel punt round nose swimmers that are sold on the online store.

Yeah, but is that a surface swimmer or sub-surface? The OP is looking for a V-waking surface plug for shallow water. The round nose plugs I'm familiar with are sub-surface.

Steve McKenna published an article recently in On the Water magazine that is worth reading. Breaks down the different metal lip swimmers very nicely.

I also like the 1.5 ounce.Choopy metal lip, but a red fin would also fit the bill here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishalicious View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayyaker54 View Post

I like the eel punt round nose swimmers that are sold on the online store.

Yeah, but is that a surface swimmer or sub-surface? The OP is looking for a V-waking surface plug for shallow water. The round nose plugs I'm familiar with are sub-surface.

Steve McKenna published an article recently in On the Water magazine that is worth reading. Breaks down the different metal lip swimmers very nicely.

I also like the 1.5 ounce.Choopy metal lip, but a red fin would also fit the bill here.

Your right it is a sub-surface. I read the article, very informative. I also like the choopy