Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick7

Help me ID this Plug Early Winchmaster ?

3 posts in this topic

Your dating me :o

Early early bait 2002????. Probably just took my lathe out of the package back then. I was full of idea's and energy it was all about speed. My early take of a surfster back then and probably was in the hands of Eel punt or Gary Hull if you got it from Ashbury. Most of the rest of my early stuff ended up fished here out west or in Rhode Island or Mass.

I was very early into turning my own at that time. As you can see back then we had no plug component houses to buy all the bits and pieces. Lip probably came from slipknot, eyes were homemade tacks, and the grommets I think I scrounged up from Fixter. The plug is rare because most of my early stuff I destroyed as I got better. LOL They did catch fish and at that time it was all that mattered to me. I wasn't about perfect looking plugs back then just that they caught and died well.

It wasn't until NIB gave me a critique on my finish work did I start to push into the Boutique status that I hated. LOL

Jigman and others began telling me how pretty my plugs looked just to razz me. :o

Anyway the color is Pearl, from the creek chub catalog. My favorite color to fish back in the day. It's not wonderbread. Wood is probably port ord cedar.

You can call it early days in my complete plug building years, I was reconditioning old creek chubs before that to refish them.

Today's work I think Nib would be proud of what he pushed me to become. I build a lot slower and think they look a little different.

[img=

p><p>  <a href=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3179892/width/600/height/450' alt='450'>