Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterweasle

anyone know Powell rods?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I bought a rod back in the mid/late 80's its a Walton Powell Silver Signature series rod, I purchased it from Press Powell, Waltons son.......... I was told it was one of the last ones he made, its grey with burgandy wrappings, uplocking reel seat, with an extra tip..................anyone know anything else about these particular rods?

Powell is all but out of the flyrod business. Their efforts are concentrated on black bass tackle these days. I have a Powell 8wt, the version name escapes me (it's not the one you mention) and it's a sweet rod. albeit largely unused at the moment.

Use yours in good health.

I have two Powell rods a 10wt (Tiburon II) and an 8wt (TIMAX).  I took them to Belize in 2009 as I wasn't going to risk my Sage and Orvis rods getting "lost" in transit.  I was able to carry the rods onboard the plane although a companion in our grp using the same rods/reels carrier had to check his.  Getting back to the rods, if you get a good price, they will cast as far as the next guys.  I think they're made in China.

i have the same rods.....i beat them up real good steelhead and salmon fishing and they take everything i put them through....just make sure the section are tight when you fish the rods they will work loose and you will blow up or crack the female sections.....good luck