Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
linesider69

Wrights farm

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

I wish, i love wrights. But in Fla with the family. Caught my first alligator gar this am! Gotta love sebiles!!

How big bud? Ya got pics?? Freddie and I want to go get some of those some day... Congrats:D

How big bud? Ya got pics?? Freddie and I want to go get some of those some day... Congrats:D

No pics, i wish, was on the other side of the pond from my phone, sadly :( I would have put it around 36 inches or so. Was fishing for largemouth, put on a sebile and cast it out. Gave it a double twitch and let it sink, thing hit like a freight train and got some serious air on 2 jumps. Wife thought i caught an alligator when it launched out of the water mouth open! They look remarkably like Northern pike just more slender in the mouth and man they have some frightening teeth. Glad i caught one, another fish to cross off the list. Now I just wish the largemouth were more co-operative!

How did the Sebile stand up ? Curious .

Just fine, some good scratches/gauges but perfectly fishable. Had to bend a treble back into shape.

No pics, i wish, was on the other side of the pond from my phone, sadly :( I would have put it around 36 inches or so. Was fishing for largemouth, put on a sebile and cast it out. Gave it a double twitch and let it sink, thing hit like a freight train and got some serious air on 2 jumps. Wife thought i caught an alligator when it launched out of the water mouth open! They look remarkably like Northern pike just more slender in the mouth and man they have some frightening teeth. Glad i caught one, another fish to cross off the list. Now I just wish the largemouth were more co-operative!

Seems funny to be disappointed about catching an Alligator Gar instead of a largemouth but I understand... Gonna have to get a lil better with the "camera in hand" thing in these foreign waters buddy...:D

No dissappointment, was pretty psyched and shocked. But other than a large crappy and a small bass that was it for my day. Staying at my parents place in Port St Lucie and the backyard is a pond/canal. Watched fish break all am and evening, but most outsmarted me..