Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Here's how we roll in New Hampshire

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I take the kids to this Chinese Buffet.  Its perfectly god awful.  The food is so bad that if you complain your simply a chump.  But they love it, its cheap, they actually get some semblance of fruit and vegetable, and they can run amok in there and nobody cares.  They run videos on all the tv screens (left over from the sports bar chain it used to be) of 80s Chinese acrobats.  Sometimes I augh hard, sometimes being in there depresses me.

The best part about it is the location.

Here it is:

buffet.JPG

On a lonely side road.  All alone next to one other building.  Sorry for the photo, but look carefully, you can't make this **** up:

vet.JPG

When I was a kid, the crematorium was right across the street from the burger stand.

You would see the smoke coming out the chimney as you ate,we knew about the tunnel under the road.freak.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by capequahog View Post

Cow Hampshire, the state the culinary arts forgot 

The people that own and staff Great Buffet II arrive at the restaurant daily in two large vans with Massachusetts tags. (I'll go out on a limb--Lowell?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by capequahog View Post

Cow Hampshire, the state the culinary arts forgot 

The people that own and staff Great Buffet II arrive at the restaurant daily in two large vans with Massachusetts tags. (I'll go out on a limb--Lowell?)

probably Boston, Chinatown

"We're so sorry sir.  We tried everything, we couldn't save Fluffy.  We do offer a free internment service.  You get to keep the collar."

That's across from the Fox Run mall in Newington. I have been there once and made the mistake of eating a fried frog's leg to impress the kids. Six hours later, kneeling on my bathroom floor I had to check the toilet bowl to see if had thrown up my immortal soul in it.

The piscataqua's just behind that place, great striper fishing if you can sneak onto the right spot under cover of darkness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hairy Beast View Post

That's across from the Fox Run mall in Newington. I have been there once and made the mistake of eating a fried frog's leg to impress the kids. Six hours later, kneeling on my bathroom floor I had to check the toilet bowl to see if had thrown up my immortal soul in it.

The piscataqua's just behind that place, great striper fishing if you can sneak onto the right spot under cover of darkness.

YOU Basstid!  I have been driving those roads and alleys looking for "safe passage" for years now, and i know what spots you mean.   Never saw anything I thought looked safe.

My kids ate some of those frog legs, they thought it was the coolest thing they ever saw. 

YOU Basstid!  I have been driving those roads and alleys looking for "safe passage" for years now, and i know what spots you mean.   Never saw anything I thought looked safe.

My kids ate some of those frog legs, they thought it was the coolest thing they ever saw. 

None of it is "Safe" but that doesn't mean it can't be done around 1am.