Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Bottled water held to the same standards as tap water?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I bought a very popular brand of bottled water today during lunch. I never questioned bottled water until today. It had a slight metal taste to it. The MWRA in Massachusetts tests it's water supply over 1500 times a month from Resovoirs to household taps. I wonder how often Poland Spring (Nestle now), Belmont Springs and Aquafina tests their brand? :confused:

I bought a very popular brand of bottled water today during lunch. I never questioned bottled water until today. It had a slight metal taste to it. The MWRA in Massachusetts tests it's water supply over 1500 times a month from Resovoirs to household taps. I wonder how often Poland Spring (Nestle now), Belmont Springs and Aquafina tests their brand? :confused:

Some bottled water is merely tap water that is filtered before it is bottled.

I just took a look at the plastic bottle bottled water comes in. Poland Spring, uses Bisphenol A or "BPA" in it's 1 gallon and 5 gallon number 7 polycarb plastic containers . Here is some swell information about BPA:

BPA is controversial because it exerts weak, but detectable, hormone-like properties, raising concerns about its presence in consumer products and foods contained in such products. Starting in 2008, several governments questioned its safety, prompting some retailers to withdraw polycarbonate products. A 2010 report from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) raised further concerns regarding exposure of fetuses, infants, and young children.[1] In September 2010, Canada became the first country to declare BPA a toxic substance.[2][3] In the European Union and Canada, BPA use is banned in baby bottles.[4]

I just took a look at the plastic bottle bottled water comes in. Poland Spring, uses Bisphenol A or "BPA" in it's 1 gallon and 5 gallon number 7 polycarb plastic containers . Here is some swell information about BPA:

BPA is controversial because it exerts weak, but detectable, hormone-like properties, raising concerns about its presence in consumer products and foods contained in such products. Starting in 2008, several governments questioned its safety, prompting some retailers to withdraw polycarbonate products. A 2010 report from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) raised further concerns regarding exposure of fetuses, infants, and young children.[1] In September 2010, Canada became the first country to declare BPA a toxic substance.[2][3] In the European Union and Canada, BPA use is banned in baby bottles.[4]

Don't worry.

The water is fine; only the chemicals in the bottle's plastic will harm you.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: