Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cnnashman

Update about Ron (Flytyingguy1)

Rate this topic

160 posts in this topic

It became apparent to me that over the last few weeks our longtime friend and SOL favorite Ron ( Flytyingguy1) has been, for the most part, absent from the boards. Well i decided to check in with him to see how he was. Here is the info i received as of last night.

Ron has been very ill, he was recently released from the hospital but has been in bed resting since mid to late January.

From what i was told he ruptured his esophagus and initially was coughing up blood, it was very serious and he was unable to consume solid food for some time after that. He feels pretty down as you would expect under those conditions and losing his close friend Chris recently certainly doesn't help. Now on top of that his wife has been going through chemo treatment and her outcome will not be known for a few weeks.

Ron, relayed to me that he desperately wanted to attend the food fling that's coming up and he was really looking forward to spending time with many of you again, unfortunately it looks like that won't be possible. Now it's your turn guys, and i know he's listening and want's to here from you so take it away, and thank you.