Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JettyGuy

TOP THREE TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES MADE TO SPINNING REELS IN THE LAST TWENTY YEARS

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I admit that I have very little mechanical aptitude . I bought a VS repair kit and now one of my reels works like a clock radio.:D But my love of a finely made reel has only increased and I truly marvel at a fine piece of reel craftsmanship.

what would you say are the top three spinning reel innovations?#1 sealed reels #2 development of rust resistant aluminum bodied reels #3infinite anti-reverse

I understand that the inner workings of these newer reels are night and day different from reels made fifty years ago...and i am very interested in what you technocrats have to contribute along those lines, THANKS!!!;)

Back in a day we put Teflon washers in some of our up to date reels of the seventies. No more jerking drags, Wow!

Peace

Is it just me,(Beginning to sound like Joan Rivers) BUT did the portal technology flop big time? I used a couple of Shimano reels with the portals for lubricating located on the top of the reel base...I could never get the reel to function smoothly after a slight dunking. It was very frustrating because if I opened the reel up...I'd always screw up and once I put them back together...coffee grinder time for my high-tech reel.

I know that PENN now has at least one quick open model...wonder how that is working out?The less sealed a reel is the more opportunity for water and sand intrusion. Actually, I do not know that to be the case...but it sounds plausible.

Also I want to personally thank the technological wizards who thought up the two piece folding reel handle which on the lesser priced reels seem to explode.:( What were they thinking?:confused: