Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chubby-Chaser

Century Demo - Thank you Big Dave

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

I want to thank Dave for meeting a few of us along the canal this weekend to cast the line of Century rods. The rods were very impressive and being able to handle each one allowed me to select the model that fit my needs the best.

Century is going to hold a few demos this year, if you haven't already I suggest checking them out.

kudo's to dave for this, he also took time out of his weekend a couple of weeks ago to do the same for me, haven't decided on which model I'm getting though, :huh:

It was a tough decision, I wanted 4 of them.

One may want to do a little more research into the Century rods??

Spoke with a few friends of mine over the winter and it seems that the cold weather affected them and the rods parted. It may appear that the rod has a limit on it when it can be used, temperature wise.

Has Big Dave knowledge of this condition?

I fished my Century some real cold nights and mornings..no issue at all. I like my 1328 so much I picked up a 1327...these rods are great. It was nice seeing everyone saturday AM too, well except critter..other than that and the 200 mile an hour wind it was good.

You guys are killing me with all this talk about the Century rods. Too many decisions.

Is the 1327 2-5oz plus bait? I was told this so in effect, it's underrated for what it can cast....Anyone know?

I'd like it if they had an 11' er that has a lower lure rating...up to 4oz...

You guys are killing me with all this talk about the Century rods. Too many decisions.

Is the 1327 2-5oz plus bait? I was told this so in effect, it's underrated for what it can cast....Anyone know?

I'd like it if they had an 11' er that has a lower lure rating...up to 4oz...

Craig,

Check out the 11' stealth its 1-5 rated, but to me seems more like 1-4. I was casting the Left hook a mile with this rod.

I could have also called this the K guide demo, the wind was howling so I got to see the benefit of these guides over the standard guides I use today. On my first cast I saw how the K guide allowed (forced) the line into the guide, is was very impressive.

Did you throw any jigs with the 1328?

I didn't, but you know me I don't jig a ton and when I do its on the lighter side. Andy has the 1328 and the reel you use, I'm sure he would let you jig a bit if you wanted to check it out.

Did you throw any jigs with the 1328?

I"ve thrown up to 5oz with a sluggo on it Pete,handles them beautifully even in the fastest current, Great feel in this rod even down to 2oz jigs, your welcome to try it out just let me know.

I"ve thrown up to 5oz with a sluggo on it Pete,handles them beautifully even in the fastest current, Great feel in this rod even down to 2oz jigs, your welcome to try it out just let me know.

I'd like to try yours out. I forgot to try a couple jigs with it. That wind was sending a chill that I couldn't shake

I'd like to try yours out. I forgot to try a couple jigs with it. That wind was sending a chill that I couldn't shake

I had a bunch of jigs with me, let me know when your ready. I can bring it to work and meet you at the ditch. My schedule is pretty leisure, I can leave whenever I need to ...:D

I had a bunch of jigs with me, let me know when your ready. I can bring it to work and meet you at the ditch. My schedule is pretty leisure, I can leave whenever I need to ...:D

You da man! I'll call you soon