Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lenzor

Antonelli Pond in SC

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever fished there? Know if there's any fish there? I think I heard about some pollution problems there a while back. I can't find anything on google so I thought I'd ask

When I was MUCH younger we used to do good there on both black bass & crappie. Several years ago they also had a trout planting program there that was a put & take deal. During the last 4 or 5 years I have caught a few LMB there while testing striper plugs. I think there are still some bass there, but I'd be surprised if it offered much consistently good fishing anymore. The few fishermen that I have seen do much there were using float tubes. Mike

Maybe like 5 years ago I was testing my kayak there. I spooked several nice sized LMBs sun basking near the back were the weeds were. There are fish there for sure. A friend of mine claimed that they used to kill the bass there on big black rubber worms dragged over the weeds. Hope this helps.

Very helpful, thanks. I wasn't sure if people could fish there. It's surprising that they used to stock trout there, it's such a small pond. I'll try it out sometime this week.

If there are BIG!! "L.M.B. there...& they stock the lake with planter trout...I would suggest a rainbow trout colored lure like a Rapala. cast to parallel the weed line, the bass lie in wait in the weeds/tules wanting to pick off the "stupid" planted trout.....Mark

Quote:

Originally Posted by California Caster View Post

If there are BIG!! "L.M.B. there...& they stock the lake with planter trout...I would suggest a rainbow trout colored lure like a Rapala. cast to parallel the weed line, the bass lie in wait in the weeds/tules wanting to pick off the "stupid" planted trout.....Mark

I checked the DFG website, I don't think they stock trout there anymore

I think it's been several years since any trout were planted there. I've never seen any LMB taken there over 5# although I guess it could be possible. If you want some big LMB try Loc Lomond. Mike

I'm really just looking for places in sc that aren't too far of a drive where I can fish at. (and not get too wet)

Isn't Loch Lomond closed till march?

Well I guess that's ten days from now