Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MVP

Ocean City, MD Tog Report

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Here to getting 2012 tog reports off to a good start.

With all the good reports of Big Tog being caught down south I took the opportunity in my calender to go down to Ocean City, MD and fish for two days. I got the report from the previous days fishing as several friends were on a private charter that did very well with fish up to 19 lbs. When I get to the dock at 5 am I am greeted by two barrels of filleted tog. First picture enclosed is of the head of 19 lb big male. To say I was excited at a chance at some double digits was an understatement.

We got out early as he normally does as we had at least a 2+ hour steam ahead of us. Fishing was excellent with 10 blackfish over ten pounds for the boat. One guy pretty new to togging had 3 fish over ten pounds on one drop himself. Each fish he caught became his new personal best. You normally do not put huge number of keepers in the boxon these trips but the quality is hard to beat. I personally put a decent catch together with 8 keepers with two big fish in the bunch with one just over 10 lbs. Only kept my limit and gave extra fish to two guys from York who were really nice guys but were not catching as well. He seemed reallly appreciative to go home with some fish. He was even happier when I told him to cast out and work ledge that I was picking some nice keepers off of. His first cast out he starts working his sinker back and I tell him to stop and let it sit right there. Next thing he knew he gets bit and catches his first keeper of the day at around 7 pounds. He was happy about the fish I gave him but was even happier to catch one on his own. The smile on his face made my day. Pool fish that day went 15 lbs caught by my friend Gene.

Fridays trip was much slower as winds limilted us to fish certain areas. Capt does what he does best and put us on some productive areas that gave us a few shots at some nice fish. We ended up with 4 fish over 10 lbs that day. Not as many keepers for me on day 2 but still ended up with another double digit fish pushing close to 11 lbs. Great week for the boat as they must have had close to 40 fish over 10 lbs with biggest going over 20. It is just that kind of fish that makes us drive 3-5 hours, spend hundreds of dollars and loose days of work all worth it for " THAT ONE BITE".

MVP has left the building. Good night

[ATTACHMENT=4578]P1040787 (Medium) (Custom).JPG (117k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=4579]P1040789 (Medium) (Custom).JPG (128k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=4580]P1040791 (Medium) (Custom).JPG (123k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=4581]P1040794 (Custom).JPG (142k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]