Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drc

Lubing a Cabo pts

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I've got a cabo 60 PTS that definitely does not like the salt. Has anyone experimented with packing the housing with grease? Any other ideas for keeping it going smooth for more than an outing or 2 before cleaning. I don't dunk it, but even getting doused by a couple waves seems to affect it.

Huh, I just noticed the main shaft is bent where it screws onto the main gear. What an effing piece of junk!

Sorry i missed this one, or i would have answered you sooner.

This is what I do.

Both sides of the reel where handle and the plastic side cap goes gets filled with grease.

If you remove the rotor cap, you will see an opening where the shaft comes through anti-reverse (A/R) clutch, i use a wooden popsicle stick to fill the void with grease without pushing the grease into the A/R clutch. Kind of put grease on the stick and pull it across the opening until it's covered.

When the reel is open, put a good amount of grease around the A/R switch. Be sure not to get to much grease on the A/R clutch spring. This could cause the spring to slip and you'll have no A/R.

That will keep out most of the water, i go 2 months before i break it down and check it out. most of the times i just have to reapply to those areas.

If you need more help or pic, let me know. I'm breaking down all 5 of mine this week.

Keith